What's new

Game Thread Oct 25, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-25-23

That, and to not give his head coach a starting point guard who's able to resist the temptation to hoist stepback 3's with 18 in the shot clock.
Now, League Pass skipped the final 6 minutes of the first for me, but I did not see a stepback three with 18 seconds on the clock. THT went 2/4 from three, I remember at least one miss from the corner, I thought the other one was as well.

We looked confused on offense. They were just passing the ball around the horn until someone jacked it up. If we are going to be this disorganized, why not start Keyonte and let him develop into a PG. I don't need to have the Jazz win every game, but I want them to be fun to watch...this wasn't fun except for the THT pass between his legs to no one behind him.

That, and to not give his head coach a starting point guard who's able to resist the temptation to hoist stepback 3's with 18 in the shot clock.
None of our point guards did that. Im sure many points guards for other teams in the nba did though. Its actually pretty common.

The Kings were pretty hot shooting 3s. They made 10 more three-pointers than we did. That’s 30 points. We lost the game by 16 points. It’s basketball. Hardy has challenges with this team for sure (especially playmaking, and defense as well), but let’s see where we are after 20 games.

Not talking about just this game.
Well then you are going to have to talk about how good the guys played last season (and pre season). Sexton was very good and Dunn was fabulous.

The Kings were pretty hot shooting 3s. They made 10 more three-pointers than we did. That’s 30 points. We lost the game by 16 points. It’s basketball. Hardy has challenges with this team for sure (especially playmaking, and defense as well), but let’s see where we are after 20 games.
This

The thing that was really obvious in this game was that the Kings dribbled a lot less than the Jazz. They moved the ball decisively and were able to create good shots surprisingly quickly.

For the Jazz, every trip seemed to start with the guards aimlessly pounding the ball for 10 seconds, jab stepping or bumping into well-positioned defenders. That makes for a slow offense and a low number of scoring opportunities. The ball just sticks to these guys and that won't change.

Last edited:
Were the audio levels in the Jazz broadcast messed up for anyone else? I could barely hear the announcers, while the crowd and court sounds were very loud.

Were the audio levels in the Jazz broadcast messed up for anyone else? I could barely hear the announcers, while the crowd and court sounds were very loud.
If you change your setting from “ideal” to “cringe” then you will be able to hear the announcers better…

I was on the Kings feed so don’t have any real feedback

I think one thing that this game showed is that we would ideally have 25 minutes or less of combined THT + Sexton. Or in other word we should only have one of them on our team and whoever that is should play a backup 25 minute per game role.

I think one thing that this game showed is that we would ideally have 25 minutes or less of combined THT + Sexton. Or in other word we should only have one of them on our team and whoever that is should play a backup 25 minute per game role.
Indeed. This equal opportunity crap needs to end.