What's new

Off-Season Rumblings

The tank race is super open. There have never been more teams trying to be good. Parity and the play in means the race to the bottom is more like a jog. We would have to trade a guy or two and allocate more time to young players. Likely won’t be as bad wiz, blazers but Pistons are trying.. hornets may not want to be a dumpster fire with new owner…spurs gonna have a hard time holding back Wemby… there likely will be a team with a bunch of injuries but getting to 5-6 shouldn’t be too difficult IF we don’t make win now moves and if we sell off one key piece. Just have to start early rather than half assing the tank.
Agreed. Right now the wiz are the only team that we know won't try to be good. The west is just insane right now when you look from top to bottom. I would expect the blazers to enter tank conversation as well but right now I think they have more talent than we do and Joe Cronin may not feel like he has the job security to tank. They may go more win now if they walk away from this draft with Knecht at 7 and maybe Tyler Smith at 14.

C-Ayton, Robert Williams, Reath
Pf- Jerami Grant, Tyler Smith, Camara
Sf-Knecht, Thybulle, Murray
Sg- Sharpe, Simons, Banton
Pg- Scoot, Brogdon

That is pretty solid roster right there. One of Brogdon or Simons needs to be traded to clear the minutes backlog in the backcourt but both guys should have value.

I think the Lakers, Suns, Sixers all want Dunn. Should we consider a sign and trade? Especially if it would help the salary of other teams and it gives us a useful player back (or a great pick back)?

Kwame Brown Jr? Good way of telling me you have never watched Jabari play. Jabari at 20yrs old is already twice the player Kwame ever was. When you look around the league for a comparison for Jabari I think Lauri is the best model with his size, athleticism and overall skillset. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if 3yrs from now we are looking at both guys and we consider it a toss up between the 2. Put him on the jazz next year in Lauri's role and I think 20pts and 9rbs a game would be a reasonable expectation with similar shooting percentages to what we saw this year in Houston.
Good way of telling me you don't know much about Jabari. He's almost the spitting image of his cousin Kwame.

Either way I seriously doubt he's ever as good as Lauri. But I guess we could trade for a poor man's version of Lauri and some meh picks. The grass isn't always greener. Lauri is a top 25 player who you can win with at a high level.

Some people seem convinced that with all the comments Lebron is pushing the FO to make choices that please him as per usual, but I personally think Lebron is looking to leave the Lakers.

It makes sense to skip conferences now as I dont think there is a path for Lakers to become contenders in the West. So if Lebron wants a chance for another title, he should definitely go East. Sixers have massive cap space coming up and could provide the easiest path to the finals with Embiid and Maxey. Bridges might be burned between him and Gilbert, but if not then Cavs would also make sense with Mitchell and Mobley (they could then make some significant moves around those 3 by trading Garland and Allen).

Some people seem convinced that with all the comments Lebron is pushing the FO to make choices that please him as per usual, but I personally think Lebron is looking to leave the Lakers.
?
It makes sense to skip conferences now as I dont think there is a path for Lakers to become contenders in the West. So if Lebron wants a chance for another title, he should definitely go East. Sixers have massive cap space coming up and could provide the easiest path to the finals with Embiid and Maxey. Bridges might be burned between him and Gilbert, but if not then Cavs would also make sense with Mitchell and Mobley (they could then make some significant moves around those 3 by trading Garland and Allen).
Agreed. I would think the odds favor him staying in LA but wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up playing out the last 2 years of his career in Cleveland which would cap off a 23 year career. Noone would bat an eyebrow either if he returns home for his retirement tour. The Lakers realistically have no path in the WC the next few seasons while the EC is basically wide open outside of Boston. The Cavs also possess the #20 pick in this draft (Bronny?) and have contracts/assets such as Garland, Allen, and LeVert to potentially send LA as part of a s&t this offseason. Klutch, through their syncophants, have already publicly stated Garland will be asking for a trade if/when Don signs his extension.

Kings fans threw out this idea:

John Collins + 29 + 32 for Kevin Huerter + 13 + salary filler

I’d instant accept without thinking twice.
Hard to believe it was a Kings fan suggesting that.

1716739016386.jpeg

Kings fans threw out this idea:

John Collins + 29 + 32 for Kevin Huerter + 13 + salary filler

I’d instant accept without thinking twice.
I think that is a pretty solid trade for both teams. It clears the minutes to really focus on developing Kessler or maybe you go the Zach Edey route at 10 or 13. Either way I like it more than giving Collins minutes. At the same time I really like the fit of Collins with an elite passing big like Sabonis. They also get 2 looks at cheap cost controlled prospects at 29 and 32. I'm thinking they ask us to take back Vezenkov and Duarte as well for salary purposes. Helps them shave a couple million more in salary to try to bring back Monk.

When/why did Huerter's contract become a negative asset? I feel like I missed that.
He struggled and ended the year with shoulder surgery. His numbers weren’t like tragic but Kings fans I know are over him.

I think that is a pretty solid trade for both teams. It clears the minutes to really focus on developing Kessler or maybe you go the Zach Edey route at 10 or 13. Either way I like it more than giving Collins minutes. At the same time I really like the fit of Collins with an elite passing big like Sabonis. They also get 2 looks at cheap cost controlled prospects at 29 and 32. I'm thinking they ask us to take back Vezenkov and Duarte as well for salary purposes. Helps them shave a couple million more in salary to try to bring back Monk.
Monk is a goner unless they can clear 20M in cap space. They don’t have his full bird right so most they can offer is 4/78m. He will get more than that imo.