What's new

Off-Season Rumblings

Another proposed trade

The trade: John Collins, the No. 29 pick and the No. 32 pick to the Miami Heat for Duncan Robinson and Caleb Martin

It made sense for the Jazz to acquire Collins for dirt cheap last summer. However, it became clear early on that he was unlikely to have a lengthy future in Utah. He just doesn't offer the volume shooting or defensive versatility that would help him fit with this core.

Utah should be (and probably is) seeking out alternatives, and this would be an intriguing one. Maybe a late first-round pick and early second-rounder feels a bit rich for a pair of role players, but this Jazz roster doesn't need three more rookies. What it could use is more shooting and better two-way play on the wing, and this package checks both boxes.

Robinson is an elite outside shooter who just averaged more than 2.5 triples on 37-plus percent shooting for the fourth time in five seasons. He's overpaid, but so is Collins, so the Jazz might opt for the cleaner fit. Especially if it meant getting Martin, a relentless worker on both ends who's shown flashes of high-end shot-making.

Martin would have to pick up his below-market $7.1 million player option for this deal to work, but maybe he'd do so with the promise of getting a long-term extension down the road.

Another proposed trade

The trade: John Collins, the No. 29 pick and the No. 32 pick to the Miami Heat for Duncan Robinson and Caleb Martin

It made sense for the Jazz to acquire Collins for dirt cheap last summer. However, it became clear early on that he was unlikely to have a lengthy future in Utah. He just doesn't offer the volume shooting or defensive versatility that would help him fit with this core.

Utah should be (and probably is) seeking out alternatives, and this would be an intriguing one. Maybe a late first-round pick and early second-rounder feels a bit rich for a pair of role players, but this Jazz roster doesn't need three more rookies. What it could use is more shooting and better two-way play on the wing, and this package checks both boxes.

Robinson is an elite outside shooter who just averaged more than 2.5 triples on 37-plus percent shooting for the fourth time in five seasons. He's overpaid, but so is Collins, so the Jazz might opt for the cleaner fit. Especially if it meant getting Martin, a relentless worker on both ends who's shown flashes of high-end shot-making.

Martin would have to pick up his below-market $7.1 million player option for this deal to work, but maybe he'd do so with the promise of getting a long-term extension down the road.
Yeah nah. Also Martin will opt out for sure.

Not sure why they do that but I am game.
This is the one I liked also. Clarke is coming back from an achilles injury so he may never be what he was. Williams has been a bust. Konchar is a throw in. Jazz really font need another pick in this draft not to mention a second rounder.

I think it is a good move for both teams.

Another proposed trade

Nah

I saw one the other day where Phoenix trades KD to OKC for Dort and 5 first round picks. However, one of those picks was provided by Utah, who gets Giddy and Dieng. I suspect it was probably one of our better picks. We also send out Collins to Phoenix as filler and get a signed and traded Gordon Hayward to even out the salaries.

There were some more random players moved, but that was the gist of it. What is the best pick you would give to make this happen?

Just thinking of a couple potential John Collins trade ideas revolved around the draft. Let me know what you think:

John Collins + 10 to San Antonio for Zach Collins + 8

John Collins + 10 + 29 to Detroit for 5

Just thinking of a couple potential John Collins trade ideas revolved around the draft. Let me know what you think:

The Detroit one is the only I've seen this far that makes me say yes

I’d do both of those. I doubt Detroit is using their space on Collins and letting us move up 5 spots.

Here is my Collins idea. I do like him and all our guys incl the one in my avatar. Since Ainge is "big game hunting" this might be a "star" we can actually get:

To Utah: Lamelo Ball, Grant Williams, Nick Richards, Lonzo Ball, #42 pick in this draft

To Charlotte: Keyonte, Kessler, Clarkson, #10, '25 Minn FRP, '27 Minn FRP

To Chicago: John Collins, #29 pick

Ainge gets his "star" plus his brother who now has a new meniscus. Apparently Jazz have been working out 2nd round guys like Bona.

Charlotte gets 3 FRP's, Key, and Kessler to build around Brandon Miller. They now have 2 picks in the top 10 of this draft. Their current young center Mark Williams has been hobbled all year with some sort of mysterious foot ailment.

The Bulls get out of Ball business and add a pro in Collins who would also be insurance in case they lose Patrick Williams.

Y'all are free to hate away..

On the court, I would root for him and think he would fit well assuming Clarkson doesn't stay long. Off the court, I'd hate his guts.
It’s an isolated case which has been settled in a court of law. And there’s two sides to every story. Pretty sure he’s not P Diddy. I support Danny and Ryan cause they rolling the dice in this market and have the most to lose.

Here is my Collins idea. I do like him and all our guys incl the one in my avatar. Since Ainge is "big game hunting" this might be a "star" we can actually get:

To Utah: Lamelo Ball, Grant Williams, Nick Richards, Lonzo Ball, #42 pick in this draft

To Charlotte: Keyonte, Kessler, Clarkson, #10, '25 Minn FRP, '27 Minn FRP

To Chicago: John Collins, #29 pick

Ainge gets his "star" plus his brother who now has a new meniscus. Apparently Jazz have been working out 2nd round guys like Bona.

Charlotte gets 3 FRP's, Key, and Kessler to build around Brandon Miller. They now have 2 picks in the top 10 of this draft. Their current young center Mark Williams has been hobbled all year with some sort of mysterious foot ailment.

The Bulls get out of Ball business and add a pro in Collins who would also be insurance in case they lose Patrick Williams.

Y'all are free to hate away..
We get two Balls, which we haven’t had for a while.

Back