What's new

Offensive fouls

JGolds

What's the difference between this pic off ESPN of harden, and of our Donovan using his off hand to protect the ball? Just curious on your thoughts.

IMG_0195.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
My thought is that the refs need to see more pics like this so they will start calling offensive fouls on Harden like they should be doing. Furthermore, I think we should start rotating guys on Harden and use all available fouls on him, and prevent him from taking threes and put the ball on the floor, crowd him, use feet not hands because that's how he draws the fouls on the 3-pt line -- Exum, Neto, Royce, Crowder, Jingles (save Donovan so he doesn't get in foul trouble.

That is a crap move but incredibly common in the NBA. Watch almost any strong driving player and they are wrapping their arms around the defender, pushing them off, or brushing their hand away. It is pretty standard and will likely never be a focal point for refs. I wish they would call it, but they just won't. The one I think they need to crack down on right now is moving screens. Watch them screen for Harden (or any other offensive player really) then the screener moves toward the basket, or away from it, whichever it takes to continue to block the defender, to keep the defender away from Harden to give him a clear path to the basket. This is by definition a moving screen especially if they defender is trying to go around the screen. You also see screeners using their arms to hold defenders at bay a lot more now than you did in the past.