Official 5th Pick Poll (Who Ya Got)

Who Should the Jazz Select With the 5th Pick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm surprised that Smart leads.

I am VERY surprised... given that:

1. We already have Burke who everyone was very happy about getting last year

2. Burke has had a pretty good rookie season

3. Smart has a very suspect shot, is slightly overweight and has questions over his temperament and attitude

Vonleh!!!

tbh, ill be pissed to see him slip to the Lakers, who will quickly rebuild their frontcourt by also giving Greg Monroe a max deal.

I really agree that Utah need some fire, some passion and anger brought to the team. Everybody seems so laid back on the roster as is. Smart stands out in this aspect, the talent is there, but so is the fire. I personally like the fact that he got caught up in a few incidents during last season, shows his fire, I love players like that. Randle is another one who probably fits here too, I haven't seen as much edge to him but I've heard he's a man out there. I saw a few games and like his physicalness.

I never watched a full game of Vonleh, only relied on highlights and draft chatter. Can't comment too much on him but from what I've heard he is raw but will turn into a very good player.

My pick if we stay at #5, Smart (although his flopping annoyed me in some games, he better quit that). Otherwise Randle. I'm still annoyed that our hopes of landing Jabari are almost gone.

Edit: completely forgot about Aaron Gordon, if he has some hunger and fire in him, I would be happy with the choice. Really like tough defenders/rebounders, not sure how good he can be though

Amen, brother! What the jazz really need is someone that can bring back the fire and passion to the team and to the fans. Parker, Randle, Gordon and Smart all come to mind. It's time for someone new to step up and show the meaning of 'we are utah jazz!' Vohleh and Saric? Really? No thank you to that, man.

I really don't want Vonleh. From what I've seen of him he seems to be a really raw PF, especially on offense...Didn't we get a raw PF in the Dwill trade a few years ago? Seem foolish to me to draft a player who will end up playing the same position as Favors. I voted for Gordon, I like his energy a lot and his BBIQ A LOT. He is always in the right spot. He is raw on offense as well, but we need a perimeter defender and he COULD get better with his shot. Also for the record I think Exum will be the 'bust' of the draft

I'm surprised Saric getting this much interest at 5. To me, he is too uncertain for the 5th pick in such a strong draft.

I would've been more lenient on Vohleh had he participated in the drills like Randle and Smart did. I like competitive players and that's what Randle and Smart are.. competitive players. I voted for Smart btw. I like him a lot. He'll tear up the summer league and the league as well.

We do have a lot of European posters here at JazzFanz......
Yeah, don't have enough Asians on the other hand. Fortunately, you're covering that pretty good.

Saric is a tremendous talent and has a high upside but he might totally turn into a Vesely, performance wise. Sure we may regret not selecting him a few years later from now if he can reach or even come close to his potential but he's probably the riskiest player among the top ten and it would be really wise to go with a much safer pick. It's a freaking 5th pick in a very deep draft after all and we sure wouldn't want to mess it up.

I really believe we will end up with one of the 4 top consensus players in this draft. Whether one slips to #5 or we move up. It will probably be Exum, but maybe Embiid or Jabari. I really see no logical way we end up with Wiggins.

Of the rest, I am torn between Smart, Vonleh, and Randle, but I have all three higher than Saric or Gordon. At this moment I would probably say Randle due to team needs and polish, but they are so close to me that the order changes.

I would've been more lenient on Vohleh had he participated in the drills like Randle and Smart did. I like competitive players and that's what Randle and Smart are.. competitive players. I voted for Smart btw. I like him a lot. He'll tear up the summer league and the league as well.

I think he's more likely to tear up a triple quarter pounder wit cheese meal.

Who would the magic choose between Parker, Exum, and Smart?

Exum, I believe, how is there a way for Parker to be there?

I think it's going down like this as of right now:

1. Cavs - Embiid
2. Bucks - Wiggins
3. 76ers - Parker
4. Magic - Vonleh
5. Jazz - Exum

I went with Vonleh, but I could see an argument for Smart, as he'd at least give us a mismatch advantage and single-handedly upgrade our perimeter defense.

Its great to be back in here. Missed Jazzfanz' athmosphere with strong names like addictionary, Hotttnickkk and Revolution 9.
I haven't watched much of any prospect.
Fun fact: I have the exact same birthday with Dante Exum, July 13, '95.

I got only one question.
5th pick. Both Randle and Exum available.

Who would you pick??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, don't have enough Asians on the other hand. Fortunately, you're covering that pretty good.

Saric is a tremendous talent and has a high upside but he might totally turn into a Vesely, performance wise. Sure we may regret not selecting him a few years later from now if he can reach or even come close to his potential but he's probably the riskiest player among the top ten and it would be really wise to go with a much safer pick. It's a freaking 5th pick in a very deep draft after all and we sure wouldn't want to mess it up.

Saric has accomplished so much more than Vesely. Bad comparison. Of course a lot of people trying to compare McDermott to Morrison so I guess no surprise. If Saric comitted to coming over for me it is between Vonleh and Saric.