What's new

Official: Fire Dennis Lindsey thread

Shocker00

1) Bought two late first round draft picks for what 27 million or something like that, Should have been able to get at least Harrison Barnes with those draft picks.

2) Traded away a second round draft pick in a deep draft for a 2nd round draft pick that most likely will be worse.

3) Advertise we would match any offers to Hayward, so teams that want him has no option other than offer him a max contract. He had to know that there was teams out there that had interest with lots of cap room.

4) Then after messing up and advertising matching Hayward he compounded the problem by actually matching.

6) Sent a clear message to Burks and Kanter that it pays not to sign an extension, so they can go out and do what Brickward did.

5) Gave Toronto cap relief and only got a 2nd round draft pick for taking Novak's 7 million contract.

Don't even tell me that the Jazz had to fill out their roster and spend some cap money, that is no reason to make bad deals period! For 27 million you better get a hell of a lot more than two late first round picks.

olivia-s-hissy-fit-o.gif

^

Sums it up.

1) Bought two late first round draft picks for what 27 million or something like that, Should have been able to get at least Harrison Barnes with those draft picks.

2) Traded away a second round draft pick in a deep draft for a 2nd round draft pick that most likely will be worse.

3) Advertise we would match any offers to Hayward, so teams that want him has no option other than offer him a max contract. He had to know that there was teams out there that had interest with lots of cap room.

4) Then after messing up and advertising matching Hayward he compounded the problem by actually matching.

6) Sent a clear message to Burks and Kanter that it pays not to sign an extension, so they can go out and do what Brickward did.

5) Gave Toronto cap relief and only got a 2nd round draft pick for taking Novak's 7 million contract.

Don't even tell me that the Jazz had to fill out their roster and spend some cap money, that is no reason to make bad deals period! For 27 million you better get a hell of a lot more than two late first round picks.

H7Noait.gif

Sigh... Really? I honestly think the Mods should change the site to hyperbolefanz.com. Lindsey has been doing a good job, and while I don't believe Hayward is a max player right now by a long shot, people need to realize the situation the Jazz are in. Salt Lake City is not only a small market, but it isn't exactly a place that quality free agents flock to. And the people who were saying that the Jazz could have just let Hayward walk and get Parsons on the cheap were just shown how that wasn't not the case. I believe the Jazz made the best choice given the circumstances. It may or may not work out, but the Jazz clearly believe in Hayward more than the JazzFanz posters do, and I for one trust their knowledge more than ours.

How can anyone be mad about us getting drafts picks by using unused cap-space? Unprotected picks. The odds are GSW are still good when those picks come up, but the West is so strong that anything can happen and they could miss the playoffs/win the lottery. You never know.

The kid picked with that second round pick in this draft was actually projected by almost everyone to be a first rounder in a very deep draft, and has slipped. He then dominated in SL. We basically just traded away first round talent for some second rounder in the future. Why not just keep that pick to be 12th man and not have to take on 7.2 mil of extra salary, including 3.75 next year when we actually need the money to sign Kanter and Burks.

It's not a nail in the coffin type of decision but it's looking down that path. What we're saying is that building through the draft or free agency, you need cap space to sign your guys. When you're giving max contracts to players who don't deserve it, you end up having cap space locked up in mediocrity. Not saying this WILL happen but we're heading down that path again.

Where did that crazy girl get s crowbar from?

Y'all are crazy. Hayward is awesome. Exum is gonna be a superstar. Instead of Jordan and pippen, kids gonna be talking about the next exum and Hayward. Multiple championships baby.

Where did that crazy girl get s crowbar from?

Y'all are crazy. Hayward is awesome. Exum is gonna be a superstar. Instead of Jordan and pippen, kids gonna be talking about the next exum and Hayward. Multiple championships baby.

Lol. Akmvp negged me for this. Guess sarcasm doesn't translate to Russian. Or he is an idiot. Gonna stick with the akmvp being an idiot part.

I thought that guy said he would leave the board if we drafted exum anyways?

Drives me crazy when ppl say the 17' draft pick is a late First Rounder.

We got an unprotected pick 3 years from now from a franchise that has NEVER had sustained success. That could be a top 10 pick if things head south for the warriors.

Teams NEVER leave a pick unprotected that far out. It shows that GSW can and will make short sighted moves, and it's totally possible they do something that blows up in their face and makes our pick more valuable.

The 17' pick is a swing for the fences type thing. I very nice gamble to take.

£¥£