What's new

Official Fire Snyder / DL Thread

l Abach l

Title speaks for itself. That's the type of loss that causes heads to roll. Blowing a 3-1 lead in the playoffs and then a 25 point lead in the 3rd quarter... We cannot run it back with the same crew next year and expect different results. That's the definition of insanity.

So what's the plan? Go grab carlisle? Get Ainge? My guess is nothing happens, but a man can dream.

Last edited:
Two embarrassing playoff exists n a row.

DL completely **** the bed this year at the trade deadline.

I'm ready for change. I an't stomach another year of these two.

Quin pros: always gets funny quotes on JazzAvenues post game threads due to his murderer face and coke addict look.
Quin cons: terrible at playoffs

DL definitely goes first because he is setting his coach up for failure with all those horrendous options sitting at the end of bench.

Ty Lue was blessed with Terance Mann who showed up in the biggest way after Kawhi goes down and of course a talent like that is going to make his coach look good. But even he was only playing under 19 minutes a game and logged multiple DNPs in the regular season. You can tell if it's the coach who's holding his players back or it's the players who simply aren't NBA materials.

And having watched Oni/Niang/Forrest, you can clearly tell that it's not the coach's fault. They are only playing not because they did well enough to earn their minutes like Mann, rather it's because there aren't any better options.

Not to mention whatever happened to Bradley/Lyles/Burke/Dante after they left Quin.

Quin pros: always gets funny quotes on JazzAvenues post game threads due to his murderer face and coke addict look.
Quin cons: terrible at playoffs
Well after thinking about it. The quotes are actually too good to move one.WE KEEP HIM!!!

I would be shocked if DL doesn’t “retire” in the next few days.

I don’t think I can sit through another DL draft night. I’m not so sure we fire Quin, but if Carlisle wants the job, I think you fire Quin. But you don’t just fire Quin to fire Quin.

I would be shocked if DL doesn’t “retire” in the next few days.

I don’t think I can sit through another DL draft night. I’m not so sure we fire Quin, but if Carlisle wants the job, I think you fire Quin. But you don’t just fire Quin to fire Quin.
They need to clean house. People forget we blew a 3-1 lead last year. Snyder won't ever make adjustments. Get his *** out of the organization.

They need to clean house. People forget we blew a 3-1 lead last year. Snyder won't ever make adjustments. Get his *** out of the organization.
what kind of adjustment though?

people here talk about "adjustment this", "adjustment that", but never give out an actual adjustment that makes sense. Like how is playing Ersan or Morgan going to change this series when those guys barely make a difference in the regular season?

I’m curious to see what Ryan Smith decides to do and what amount of influence DWade has with the team. This could be a huge off-season if they decide to shake up the front office and coaching staff.
This was a devastating collapse. It’s hard to see them just “running it back” again. If it was the Millers, I’d expect it. . . but I think there’s a high likelihood that Smith could decide to make some big changes this off-season.
Front office. Coaching. Analytics. Training staff. I can see Smith wanting to make his stamp on the team. . . he doesn’t exactly seem like a “hands off” type of owner.

people here talk about "adjustment this", "adjustment that", but never give out an actual adjustment that makes sense. Like how is playing Ersan or Morgan going to change this series when those guys barely make a difference in the regular season?
Okay - how about...
1) not having Rudy guard Mann and have him guard beverly instead?
2) running any type of action in teh 2nd half that didn't result in an iso with 5 seconds left on the shot clock
3) having Gobert chill on the low block more instead of setting the high screen which resulted in Don or whoever getting trapped over and over agian
4) Favors actually played decent minutes- why didn't he play at all in teh 2nd half after Rudy was burnt toast
5) playing niang at all this series was a mistake. It was a terrible matchup and was so easy it would fail from the onset - why not mix up the roations and dig deeper into the bench?
6) reliance on 3 ball when it's not falling ...

Okay - how about...
1) not having Rudy guard Mann and have him guard beverly instead?
2) running any type of action in teh 2nd half that didn't result in an iso with 5 seconds left on the shot clock
3) having Gobert chill on the low block more instead of setting the high screen which resulted in Don or whoever getting trapped over and over agian
4) Favors actually played decent minutes- why didn't he play at all in teh 2nd half after Rudy was burnt toast
5) playing niang at all this series was a mistake. It was a terrible matchup and was so easy it would fail from the onset - why not mix up the roations and dig deeper into the bench?
6) reliance on 3 ball when it's not falling ...
1) then it would be Beverley who goes off and he's shown in the past he's well capable

2) "any type of action" you mean what type of action? please be specific because the way i see it, when Clippers has the personnel to switch on everything it's really tough to get wide open looks off screen play/ball movement, so you'd just have to rely on your star players to beat their defenders, and that is iso-ball for you. Every coach does it in that situation, including pop, carlisle, and phil jackson, who is the king of iso-ball. I don't see any thing wrong with that.

3) Rudy chilling on the low block means even more wide open shots for Mann/Beverley and we've seen what a terrible idea that is.

4) Because Favs isn't the solution to Rudy's problem. Let's not forget about Quin putting Favs in that same situation in game 3 and 4 and he's done even worse with a defensive rating of over 140. Quin just saving Favs the misery and embarrassment by not subbing him in. What we need is a small ball five with mobility and range in this situation, and we don't have that player on our team.

5) Because like i said, the deeper into the bench the worse it gets. Doke, Hughes and Brantley so far has done nothing to prove that they are actual NBA materials. They couldn't even do it in the regular season, so why would they now all of sudden do it in the playoffs?

Niang has at least shown enough positives in the regular season to warrant playing time in this series, and you just called playing him "a mistake". And now imagine Quin playing Ersan, Morgan, Doke over him and they all suck as expected. What JFZ is gonna be like?
"NO NIANG???????????? WHAT THE HELL WAS QUIN THINKING?"

6) Like I've said over and over again, this Jazz team is only designed to play one style of basketball with no flexibility whatsoever.

Guys like Ingles, Bojan, Clarkson, Conley, Royce...They are who they are, and their biggest threat on the floor is their three ball.

So Unless we bring in athletic slashers who can get to the rim at will, or low post threats who could earn us some buckets in the paint, there isn't really a valid alternative for Quin to shift away from the three ball shooting so we have to live or die on that.

And that's on DL for finding the right personnel, not on Quin who can't turn Rudy into a low-post scorer, or turn Ingles/Bojan into slasher/rim runner.

IT WOULD CHANGE THINGS BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT HAVE WIDE WIDE WIDE OPEN THREES WITH ZERO PRESSURE. Gobert on the court became a perfect liability AND THEY DID THE SAME THING 4 GAMES IN A ROW. If you couldn't see that, you don't understand basketball.

IT WOULD CHANGE THINGS BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT HAVE WIDE WIDE WIDE OPEN THREES WITH ZERO PRESSURE. Gobert on the court became a perfect liability AND THEY DID THE SAME THING 4 GAMES IN A ROW. If you couldn't see that, you don't understand basketball.
Having Rudy on the floor leaves one guy wide open.

But not having Rudy on the floor would leave multiples guys wide open and offensive rebound opportunities.

I know damn well what the issue is with Rudy on the floor, but this team is not structured to play without Rudy. It just isn't.

To play without Rudy you need long 3D wings with rebounding ability and not having it is what killed us in this series, in Denver series and in Houston series. Because they all know damn well how to exploit Rudy's weakness by going small and we just don't have the necessary personnel to hold it together when we take Rudy out.

Imagine winning a playoff game without Rudy. Until we are capable of doing that, we will continue to get eliminated in the same exact fashion every year.

Having Rudy on the floor leaves one guy wide open.

But not having Rudy on the floor would leave multiples guys wide open and offensive rebound opportunities.

I know damn well what the issue is with Rudy on the floor, but this team is not structured to play without Rudy. It just isn't.

To play without Rudy you need long 3D wings with rebounding ability and not having it is what killed us in this series, in Denver series and in Houston series. Because they all know damn well how to exploit Rudy's weakness by going small and we just don't have the necessary personnel to hold it together when we take Rudy out.

Imagine winning a playoff game without Rudy. Until we are capable of doing that, we will continue to get eliminated in the same exact fashion every year.
Jesus Christ man time to get Snyder's cucumber out of your mouth. How is he not to blame after 5 years of early playoff exits, including a 3-1 choke job and a 25 pt lead travesty? It's 50% DL and 50% Snyder. They both should be fired