What's new

Official Jazz Awards?

The Black Swordsman

A lot of forums do this were a person makes like 15-20 categories (the more categories, the more opportunities for people to get recognized) with stuff like "nicest poster", "most overrated poster," "most likely to be die a virgin" etc were there would be categories and (s)he accepts pms were each person would give a one name per category. I was wondering if maybe the admins at this site would consider making a bot (kind of like Utah Jazz Newsfeed) were he would accept a bunch of pms and tally it up and show the winners after a month or so. This can be an annual thing and I think can be a lot of fun. I would do it but I don't want my inbox to be full and most this website doesn't trust me. Although I would like to be able to see how everyone voted which would be the case if I accepted the pms :)

People can recommend a bunch of categories and stuff as well.

Suggested this ages ago... basically Colton thinks it's too much work for Mods/Admin, but if someone wants to take over the organization of it all and do it, they're all for it....

I wished Bluesrocker was still here.. he'd be up for it.

Hack?? Wanna give it a go??

I like the idea.
Could it be done in a poll format? Or is there not enough enough options in a poll?
Maybe a thread could be made just about the category and then we could post our nominations in the thread and that would decide who goes into the poll for each category

I like the idea.
Could it be done in a pole format? Or is there not enough enough options in a poll?
Maybe a thread could be made just about the category and then we could post our nominations in the thread and that would decide who goes into the poll for each category

I win.
Fish is runner-up.
/thread

I win.
Fish is runner-up.
/thread

Just what are you insinuating (whoa, had to sound that one out)?

I resemble that remark!

Suggested this ages ago... basically Colton thinks it's too much work for Mods/Admin, but if someone wants to take over the organization of it all and do it, they're all for it....

I wished Bluesrocker was still here.. he'd be up for it.

Hack?? Wanna give it a go??

The way you constantly accuse hack for being bluesy makes me think your covering for something!!!

It's crazy Cuz triple k went so long as this stick up the but politician... Must've been an act till the bluesy thing blew over!!!

But now he's all over the place!!!!

Things that make you go hhmmmmm!!!

This was done a while ago. Would be interesting if someone with too much time on his hands could find and bump that thread. I think I won for the verbosity of my posts.
I've since decided to follow the PKM model: higher volume, less content.

This was done a while ago. Would be interesting if someone with too much time on his hands could find and bump that thread. I think I won for the verbosity of my posts.
I've since decided to follow the PKM model: higher volume, less content.

Well you've trended in that direction. But your depiction of my posts is ********.
I have a motto I use in business. It's called the '3B method' and I created it.

"Be brief, Be brilliant, Be gone"

Sometimes brevity won't suffice to get a point across and you are forced to post paragraphs to explain... and I do that many times each day.
What bugs me more than short posts is when someone writes a paragraph that can be said in a sentence. (at least it bugs me in business, that is)

Well you've trended in that direction. But your depiction of my posts is ********.
I have a motto I use in business. It's called the '3B method' and I created it.

"Be brief, Be brilliant, Be gone"

Sometimes brevity won't suffice to get a point across and you are forced to post paragraphs to explain... and I do that many times each day.
What bugs me more than short posts is when someone writes a paragraph that can be said in a sentence. (at least it bugs me in business, that is)

Sorry if I offended. I was just taking a jab at your sheer volume of 34K+. Yes, you do mix it up. And I've probably been on that other end too many times (i.e. paragraph vs. sentence). Can I adopt your motto to use in any business meetings I have?

Sorry if I offended. I was just taking a jab at your sheer volume of 34K+. Yes, you do mix it up. And I've probably been on that other end too many times (i.e. paragraph vs. sentence). Can I adopt your motto to use in any business meetings I have?

Dude.. you're one of the best here and won't ever offend me. You could talk about my moms and I'd laugh.
Yes, you can use it. :)

I have another motto... I hear it once and it's mine.