What's new

Official Offseason Rumors Thread

Jabari was sited in Provo today.

"Just watching @JabariParker play some pick up ball at #BYU..." link

This probably means the jazz have a draft night trade arranged for the 12 Pick and Tibor Pleis for Jabari Parker and Greg Monroe.

When does jabari sign with the jazz? I mean we all know it's happening one day right? Is it going to be in his prime or the latter part of his career like Tom chambers?

Any guesses?

Jabari was sited in Provo today.

"Just watching @JabariParker play some pick up ball at #BYU..." link

This probably means the jazz have a draft night trade arranged for the 12 Pick and Tibor Pleis for Jabari Parker and Greg Monroe.
I'd throw in a couple 2nd round picks and switch out Monroe for Antetokounmpo.

Didn't know where to post this, so decided here is good enough:
Utah Jazz swingman Rodney Hood will play for USA Select Team this summer, league source informs @clevelanddotcom.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) May 13, 2016

This is the most important point. If the jazz say they are ready to make the next step in the process and get the support that Hayward needs to win some playoff series, then they can probably keep Hayward. If not, he probably walks next summer.

Also, I think Hayward is now underrated defensively. He is big, mobile and strong. Butler is probably a better defender than him, but it's not as wide a gap as it seems.

The problem is Hayward doesn't need help he is the help. Any team trying to build around Hayward is asking to be mediocre at best. He's just good enough to make you consider whether or not he's good enough to build on. He's that level below the "that guy" he's at best Robin really he's best as a third banana.

The problem is Hayward doesn't need help he is the help. Any team trying to build around Hayward is asking to be mediocre at best. He's just good enough to make you consider whether or not he's good enough to build on. He's that level below the "that guy" he's at best Robin really he's best as a third banana.
Agreed. Especially that first sentence

Rumor: Conley will sign with the Jazz.
https://www.inquisitr.com/3094781/nba-rumors-mike-conley-leaving-memphis-grizzlies-for-utah-jazz/

Ok, that's not much of a rumor. It's what the headline says, but not really what the article says.

this is the "source" the article refers to:

What are his options? Conley’s priority appears to be getting paid. No team can offer him more than the Grizzlies, and no team has a better reason to do it. On the other hand, he would be a nice fit with the Knicks or Nets if he wants the big-city experience, or he could look at the Magic or Jazz for a rising potential contender.

Didn't think this was thread-worthy, so I guess I'll post it here.

Marc Stein
‏@ESPNSteinLine
Milwaukee plans to interview Jazz exec Justin Zanik and ex-Charlotte GM Rod Higgins this week for a front-office post, league sources say.

Didn't think this was thread-worthy, so I guess I'll post it here.

Marc Stein
‏@ESPNSteinLine
Milwaukee plans to interview Jazz exec Justin Zanik and ex-Charlotte GM Rod Higgins this week for a front-office post, league sources say.

It'll hurt to lose him before the 2017 draft. He could be a huge factor in why we keep crushing every draft

It'll hurt to lose him before the 2017 draft. He could be a huge factor in why we keep crushing every draft

Nah, that was Lindsey. I thought he was brought in to help work with free agents and I don't think it is unfair to say he gets an incomplete grade there.

After Jazz win the lottery on Tuesday we won't even notice Zanic leaving. But he ought to be careful, I wouldn't work around Jason Kidd unless you have got no other options.

Amen. Hayward is the glue that hold the stars together.

I remember reading a few weeks ago (likely on this board) that there are two potential trades DL was looking at and that one of them was supposed to happen at the deadline but didn't and it appears this trade is going to happen this summer.

I hadn't seen anything else about this comment since. Has anything been mentioned of it recently and is there any speculation of which players either trade involves?