GVC

Go Sharks!

a502b7ce9d97b37a06f4fdae6eb9eff9.jpg

tnmh105-54-2016-023525-high-jpg.jpg

aptopix_predators_sharks_hockey_227497032.jpg

635998200335632111-USATSI-9309930.jpg

usp_nhl__all_star_game-media_day_79256768.jpg

Last edited:
Doc Emrich (NBCSN) is the most amazing play by play commentator in sports. If you have never listened to him you need to. His ability to describe frantic action is mind-boggling. He doesn't try to make it about himself, either. In other words, it will not remind you (even a tiny bit) of listening to David Locke.

Doc Emrich (NBCSN) is the most amazing play by play commentator in sports. If you have never listened to him you need to. His ability to describe frantic action is mind-boggling. He doesn't try to make it about himself, either. In other words, it will not remind you (even a tiny bit) of listening to David Locke.

There might be better but I don't know who they are, dude makes it so intense to watch.

There might be better but I don't know who they are, dude makes it so intense to watch.
Absolutely! And how does he come up with the perfect description of the action so instantaneously, and name every player who becomes relevant to the play? Hot Rod was very fun to listen to, but his descriptions were much more predictable (a gentle push and a mild arc and the cowhide globe hits home - stops on a dime and leaves seven cents change - etc.) and the game of basketball is nowhere near as fast.

Absolutely! And how does he come up with the perfect description of the action so instantaneously, and name every player who becomes relevant to the play? Hot Rod was very fun to listen to, but his descriptions were much more predictable (a gentle push and a mild arc and the cowhide globe hits home - stops on a dime and leaves seven cents change - etc.) and the game of basketball is nowhere near as fast.

Bro if he's not on the call when I watch a hockey game I don't watch (mainly cuz I'm not a huge hockey guy), he really makes the experience that much better....he's absolutey sick at what he does.

I've never actually known his name or what he looked like, I imagined a younger guy kind of like Sean McDonough (taking over for Tirico on MMF).

I've never actually known his name or what he looked like, I imagined a younger guy kind of like Sean McDonough (taking over for Tirico on MMF).
Yeah. He's 69. I hope he never retires, but I know he probably will pretty soon. Anybody who hasn't listened to a Stanley Cup playoff game (particularly an OT game like tonight) should make sure to catch one.
dockemrick1.png

Yeah. He's 69. I hope he never retires, but I know he probably will pretty soon. Anybody who hasn't listened to a Stanley Cup playoff game (particularly an OT game like tonight) should make sure to catch one.
dockemrick1.png

Agreed, I used to hate on hockey so much mainly because my step family loves hockey and I like to talk **** but the Stanley Cup games are 100x more intense than the NBA Finals (I would never admit to my step family haha). As I get older I'm starting to appreciate people who can speak eloquently and this dude is top notch as far how fast **** registers from his brain to his mouth.