What's new

Official Streaming Thread

RandyForRubio

It seems this question comes up frequently, maybe the mods should sticky this?

Anyways, wanted to list options of streaming, pay and free. Others please add more.

- NBA League Pass. Feel like I haven't heard great things, but it's an option.

- Reddit streams. Is this still an option or is it gone?

-hehestreams. I believe it's individual team based. $50 for 26 weeks, $100 for a year. I've used it before and it worked pretty well for me, especially since I have slow internet.

- youtubetv. $50/month, and you can add league pass to it. Not sure if it gets Root Sports or not? Can anybody confirm if it does? Pretty expensive option if all you want to do is watch Jazz games.

So what else is there? Are there any other ways to get just root sports?

If posting methods for viewing NBA games, please make sure they are legal--otherwise you are violating Jazzfanz terms of service & rules (https://jazzfanz.com/help/terms):

Websites with restricted access: The posting of links that are designed to circumvent access restrictions to content-providing websites is forbidden. Members may not post or make available on jazzfanz.com any material protected by copyright and subject to access restrictions. The posting of entire articles, or significant portions of such articles, that are within restricted areas is prohibited. Members also may not link to other websites containing unauthorized copies of copyrighted material in order to bypass this restriction. This includes links to NBA games. Members also agree that they will be solely liable and will indemnify jazzfanz.com for any damages resulting from the infringement of intellectual property rights as a result of their submissions to the website. In application, this rule means that you may not post the entire contents, or more than two paragraphs, of an ESPN Insider article. Members in violation of this rule will receive a warning with a point.

With reddit streams going down, I have a question.
If I pay some version of NBA league pass (probably only Jazz related) will I have option to watch re-run of games?
I live in Southeastern Europe, and Jazz games are usually in the middle of the night, watching them live is simply not a option for me.

FYI I have Xfinity and I wanted to share something that ended up working wonders for me here in Utah. I used to have the crappier internet + 140 channel tv plan and it was complete $***. I literally only watch TV for the Jazz and Rockies games, so I decided to upgrade to their 1gig internet service and downgrade the TV to basic 30+ local channels. I figured with the better internet that streaming games would be much easier.

Turns out, the gigabit internet modem is also an HD modem for TV. So, while I may not have access to the standard ATT&T sports net channel 52, I DO have access to the HD ATT&T channel 693. My internet is 10x faster & I can still watch all the Jazz games in HD. I ended up paying about 60 bucks less than I was the prior year and I still have access to all basketball games (ESPN & TNT are a part of the 30+ basic channels). Never ended up having to stream a single regular season or playoff game for this past season.

FYI I have Xfinity and I wanted to share something that ended up working wonders for me here in Utah. I used to have the crappier internet + 140 channel tv plan and it was complete $***. I literally only watch TV for the Jazz and Rockies games, so I decided to upgrade to their 1gig internet service and downgrade the TV to basic 30+ local channels. I figured with the better internet that streaming games would be much easier.

Turns out, the gigabit internet modem is also an HD modem for TV. So, while I may not have access to the standard ATT&T sports net channel 52, I DO have access to the HD ATT&T channel 693. My internet is 10x faster & I can still watch all the Jazz games in HD. I ended up paying about 60 bucks less than I was the prior year and I still have access to all basketball games (ESPN & TNT are a part of the 30+ basic channels). Never ended up having to stream a single regular season or playoff game for this past season.
Damn. I think I will look into that. I'm on a contract with them right now so I'm not sure if such a modification will be allowed but it's worth a try

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If I pay some version of NBA league pass (probably only Jazz related) will I have option to watch re-run of games?
I live in Southeastern Europe, and Jazz games are usually in the middle of the night, watching them live is simply not a option for me.

Yes dude. I’m in Australia, I can go back and watch any games from the current season

Damn. I think I will look into that. I'm on a contract with them right now so I'm not sure if such a modification will be allowed but it's worth a try

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Look into it for sure. I had three months left on my contract when I wanted to cancel their service altogether. I was even going to pay the cancellation fee, but they ended up letting me change my plan and let me start the new service with a 2/yr contract. Granted, I was bluffing because where I live in Taylorsville we only have Xfinity or Centurylink as legitimate options for service.

It's also super convenient that you can stream all your HD channels from your laptop on their website. I travel a little bit for work and I just bring an HDMI cord with me so I can plug my laptop into hotel room TV's.

i used hehestreams last year. works great, watch any team, replays, on any device (phone, playstation, roku, whatever). much cheaper than nbatv and no blackouts.

Yes, you can watch condensed games on League Pass. However all you need is Youtube for that. You'll find multiple highlight videos of about 9 minutes length about an hour after any game is finished. These should do the job I think?

As for the League Pass, I'm disappointed it's pretty much the same product of 10 years ago. Customer service is hideous too.
I can't watch it on Smart TV. Laughable, man. Even free illegal streams work flawlessly on Smart TV's browser. In some cases have better quality/kbps than LP too.
I recommend everyone to take the free trial week before buying LP. Unless they improve it significantly most fans should not need to subscribe.

i used hehestreams last year. works great, watch any team, replays, on any device (phone, playstation, roku, whatever). much cheaper than nbatv and no blackouts.

How do you get HeHe on your Roku? Are you casting/mirroring it? And can you view it on an Xbox One?

/I'm an idiot, so talk to me like one, please and thank you.