What's new

***Official Trade Royce O'neale for anything thread***

This is my problem. I spend too much time analyzing things I have no control over.
I have started to lose interest. I have missed this much jazz action in many many years.
I have been pretty busy lately so I usually record the game and I will check the score a few hours after it starts and see we are down by 20 and just delete it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I have started to lose interest. I have missed this much jazz action in many many years.
I have been pretty busy lately so I usually record the game and I will check the score a few hours after it starts and see we are down by 20 and just delete it.

This. I started out watching the first 10 (?) or so games like crazy. I for sure haven't watched hardly any of the last 8 at all. I was going to turn on the Raptors game last and saw we were down 40 at the half and went and did something else.

Nah, Royce is great. Doesn't get the counting stats, but does all the little things. Won't be a star, but a great 5th starter or solid bench rotation guy (though ideally not as a PF)

This. I started out watching the first 10 (?) or so games like crazy. I for sure haven't watched hardly any of the last 8 at all. I was going to turn on the Raptors game last and saw we were down 40 at the half and went and did something else.

I'm glad I stuck that one out because even though it was always going to be a loss, the Jazz really looked like the great team I've expected to see in the third quarter of that game. I was hopeful that they'd be able to build on that in subsequent games, but that hasn't happened.

You should start a blog to make people feel better about their crap lives. Misery loves company and all that.
How about start a factory and make misery? Frustrated, Inc. I know just what you need. I might just have the thing. I know what you'd pay to see.

Put me out of my misery. I'd do it for you, would you do it for me?

I'm glad I stuck that one out because even though it was always going to be a loss, the Jazz really looked like the great team I've expected to see in the third quarter of that game. I was hopeful that they'd be able to build on that in subsequent games, but that hasn't happened.
YOU'RE BACK!

Royce is our best perimeter defender right now. He plays within the system, doesn't demand many shots, and moves the ball. He normally hits an adequate percentage of his 3s. He's on a value contract.

If you want to make roster changes, take a look at Mudiay, Davis, Niang and Jeff Green, and then remember that we're playing these guys because Mike Conley gets paid like an All Star and eats up our cap.

Royce is our best perimeter defender right now. He plays within the system, doesn't demand many shots, and moves the ball. He normally hits an adequate percentage of his 3s. He's on a value contract.

If you want to make roster changes, take a look at Mudiay, Davis, Niang and Jeff Green, and then remember that we're playing these guys because Mike Conley gets paid like an All Star and eats up our cap.
This guy gets it. Royce actually plays within the offense. When he gets the ball he does one of three things 1) shoot an open 3, 2) swing to the open player, or 3) drive hard into the paint for layup or kick out. If we had a team of players who stuck to these principles we would be SO much better. Royce is one of the only rotation players who accepts their role and isn't trying to do more than assigned (in other words, he is playing to maximize the team and not his own stats). Very impressive for a guy in a contract year. Defensively, he is 6'4"... of course he isn't the answer at PF! Dude should be playing as a wing but is the best option for the team. Oh, on top of it all, he is a restricted FA at the end of the year, so the Jazz know they can keep him. I got to think Royce is one of the top 5 trade assets the Jazz have (Donovan, Gobert, Bojan, ...).

Getting rid of favors was such a big mistake and i Knew it right away. DL thought ED davis was gona be a good replacement haha
Because Favs is absolutely killing it this year... oh wait he has been hurt all year.

How about start a factory and make misery? Frustrated, Inc. I know just what you need. I might just have the thing. I know what you'd pay to see.

Put me out of my misery. I'd do it for you, would you do it for me?

Frustraaaaaaated Incorporated!

Someone make a mixtape of the Jazz shooting floaters to this song. Mix in some bad body language and turnovers.

We have a selfishness problem and a hustle/athleticism issue... So let's get of the wing that is not afraid to just do dirty work and shoot threes when left wide open... also all the lineup splits point to Royce being quite important...

I know we are on a witch hunt but don't worry about PER... Royce is doing his job... would like if he shot a little more, but he aint the issue.

I am absolutely done with this guy. How in the hell is he a starting Power Forward in the NBA?

Averaging 28.3 Minutes per game (+8 MPG from previous year)
5.8 Points per game (only +0.6 PPG from previous year)
0.3 Blocks per game (ZERO increase from previous year)
0.8 Steals per game (only +0.1 SPG from previous year)
2.6 Assists per game (only +1.1 APG from previous year)
4.5 Rebounds per game (only +1.1 RPG from previous year)
PER 8.8 per game (DOWN -0.2 from previous year)

He was scoreless in our last loss against OKC where he was guarded by Darius Bazley.
Fails to crack a 10 point barrier 90% of the time. This is an experience that needs to end!

He has the worst PER rating out of any starter in the NBA and ranked 295th out of 341 total NBA qualifying players. When do we move on from this clown? He's done nothing but choked and needs to be sent packing. What are your thoughts??

He's the starting version of Niang. I'm not sure how either of those dudes are on a NBA "playoff" roster let alone play.

People ******** on this thread are the same dumbasses wondering why the Jazz are playing mediocre and get butt hurt if anyone has the nerve to say something negative.

Yeah, Royce is cheap. He's not a starter on a "deep" team though.

Me too. I usually watch at least a quarter of games and mostly all games save 2 or 3 a year.

I've probably missed like 6 games this year. I'll follow the boxscore/gamecast but as soon as I see it, I shake my head and say, gawd damn it.

Kenneth Faried was just released by his Chinese team two days ago. When he started for Houston last year for 13 games, he put up 16 and 10.

Tbh, I'd be interested to see him in a Jazz uniform.

Not their play (totally different players) but they're both undersized and the Jazz see something in them that no one else did or does.

They're not fooling me though.
Royce is effective in his role... Niang isn’t. Royce is the Bruce Bowen for this team. Not everyone can be PER darlings but Royce is playing well and is not at all the problem. We need more of what Royce gives.

I expect us to bitch and moan more responsibly since there are plenty of legitimate reasons to bitch and moan... do better guis.