What's new

*** Official Ty Corbin appreciation thread ***

I didn't think it made sense when they handed the reins to Ty to begin with instead of making him an interim coach but that was not his fault. And I do think it is time to move on. However, anyone who thinks Ty got a good opportunity here is kidding themselves. He was put in a very difficult situation each year for different reasons and he is a much better coach than most on this site gave him credit for. Good luck to Ty and his family and thanks for the dedicated effort he put in while a Jazzman.

And just like this board spewed venom at Sloan and then Ty, they will the spew at the next guy - possibly after a short honeymoon period. There are very few NBA team sites that don't skewer the coach on an ongoing basis. Such is life in the spotlight loaded with back seat drivers.

Most everyone supported Sloan during most of his tenure. It was towards the end where the fanship wheels started falling off. In respect to the lack of "opportunity" Corbin got, just because you write something doesn't make it so.

Ty could've walked away at anytime.....

If DL offered Ty the job today... I bet he would take it!!

You have proof that he was banned from defending himself in press conferences? or maybe the interviews he's done?
They sat silent because that is what a front office is supposed to do. Just stay out of the way and let the coach handle the team. It's not their fault he crashed and burned. It's also not their fault that he is getting blamed for his decisions. It's not like he was asked to do something spectacular with the teams he has been given. He had a playoff quality team last year and failed to make the playoffs. He had a young team with some pieces and was charged with getting a defensive scheme to work and to show some development and teach them to play together, he failed on all counts.
All the Corbin supporters claim he was dealt a tough hand. That is actually true. It's what he did with it that lost him the job and his credibility as a coach.

You and Core4 speak in generalities and never say anything insightful, or worth taking seriously. Get back to me when you can add at least a tiny bit of substance.

You and Core4 speak in generalities and never say anything insightful, or worth taking seriously. Get back to me when you can add at least a tiny bit of substance.
Or when I'm willing to just throw out blatant lies and hope nobody calls me out on it? Like you have done here and in the thread about Jefferson being a top 3 point shooter.

It's not letting him go that's the issue, it's the dirty way they've done it and treated him. They've sat silent all year and let Ty take the blame for everything instead of doing a little PR or letting him explain his decisions during press conferences like Sloan used to.

Ty has done everything asked of him by management, and he's been an exceptional developmental coach to the young guys (even that crybaby Enes Kanter). His thanks was a destroyed legacy, mostly by folks who frankly don't have the first clue about anything basketball (I'm looking at you SLC Dunk). When you have a group of people with nearly zero basketball knowledge who are ruining the legacy of your coach you have a responsibility to do a little more for the guy. Instead, they're happy to let him shoulder all the blame.

Such is the life of a very well paid, public figure.

Shoulder all the Blame?

Ty was given full reign as to minutes and offensive/defensive strategy. You heard DL - "Coach is King" is his mantra. Unlike GSW situation, the management never asked the coach to "tank it" this year. DL gave Ty free reign, and yet the Jazz only won 25 games.

Ty has been given enough.

I only spewed venom when he did something dumb, which seemed to happen continually. I have nothing against the guy. He just made too many poor decisions. People are saying he had a lot of class; well, he did not go out with class. Everyone knew the Jazz needed to lose that last game to clinch the fourth spot in the lottery. So, what does he do -- after the bench guys are in the process of losing the lead and the game to Minny in the 4th quarter, he puts the starters back in again. All he had to do was play out the string and let the benchwarmers finish and lose the game. No one would lose any respect and the Jazz would've secured their draft position, like so many other teams have done in the past. But no, he has to go out and try to win a game, that wasn't meaningless, that if they won, was not in the best interests of the Jazz. That was either another dumb decision by Corbin or a classless, vindictive move by a coach who knew he was on his way out.

So what do you make of Ty trying to win the last game and costing the Jazz a position in the lottery? Was that a smart move?

You are out of your mind ... 95 percent of the people on this site were praying that the Jazz would let Corbin go. Don't you recall the fire Corbin polls -- there were a bunch and it was overwhelming how the fans on this site felt. But I guess only the niche haters voted in those polls.

Holy crap, it's a no win scenario. He gets skewered for not playing the young guys 48 minutes a game and trying to win games instead. He gets skewered for starting all the young guys in the last game and sticking it to the team in an effort to win the game by playing the young guys too much?

Starters = Evans, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Burke all played 38 mins or more. Only vet to get minutes was Jefferson at 27.

Why no blame for the players that actually won the game, those freaking jerks, screwing over the Jazz in one last parting shot before they come back next year?

This argument is unrealistic, not well thought out, and then some.

I only spewed venom when he did something dumb, which seemed to happen continually. I have nothing against the guy. He just made too many poor decisions. People are saying he had a lot of class; well, he did not go out with class. Everyone knew the Jazz needed to lose that last game to clinch the fourth spot in the lottery. So, what does he do -- after the bench guys are in the process of losing the lead and the game to Minny in the 4th quarter, he puts the starters back in again. All he had to do was play out the string and let the benchwarmers finish and lose the game. No one would lose any respect and the Jazz would've secured their draft position, like so many other teams have done in the past. But no, he has to go out and try to win a game, that wasn't meaningless, that if they won, was not in the best interests of the Jazz. That was either another dumb decision by Corbin or a classless, vindictive move by a coach who knew he was on his way out.

btw when the backups went in late in the 3rd the lead was 8, when the backups were pulled in the 4th the lead was 9. After the starters were in is when Minny caught up and tied it up at the end of regulation.

How dare a coach try and win a game. He should no better. If that is the definition of classless, I am sure Ty is happy to be labeled as such. Amazing.

Not only did the Utah Jazz ruin Tyrone Corbin's excellent career, but they threw him under the bus, allowed him to shoulder all the blame for their poor team building concept and terrible play from raw young players. This is a huge scar on a franchise that's becoming increasingly harder to be a fan of.

Good luck hating the next guy just like you did this one.

A lot of us would not mind it if you decided it was too hard! How in the heck did you get 99 positive reps?

How dare a coach try and win a game. He should no better. If that is the definition of classless, I am sure Ty is happy to be labeled as such. Amazing.

Guess you are the one who is just dumb. How long have you watched the NBA. Haven't you seen other coaches allow their teams to lose by not playing their best players to get a better lottery position. This is common practice in the NBA. I'm sure Boston wasn't trying to win.

Not Goodbye But See Your Later Tyrone. I Appreciated You're Effort As A Player And Coach.

Thank You For You're Service To The Jazz Because It Was A Very Difficult Situation To Step In Too After Sloan Quit And Deron Williamson Was Traded. I'll Never Forget When We Saw You And Jeff Malone At Burt's And Those Floozies Had To Much Too Drink hahaha I Know I Mentioned It To You Last Time We Bumped Into Each Other And You Had Fond Memories Of It Like We All Still Do. It Was A Thrill For All Of Us To Party With Some Of The Jazz But We All Learned That You Guys In The NBA Are Real People Just Like Us With The Same Interests And Dislikes. Its A Damn Shame Seeing The Jazz Lose A Lot This Year Caused Folks To Say Things That Are Very Rude About Your Ability Including Me. Sometimes I Got To Swept Up In The Emotions Of The Game And It Caused Me To Post Some Rude Things On The Salt Lake Trib Comments Section And On This Forum When I Found It. So I Want To Man Up And Say I'm Sorry For Acting So Childish. I'm Seeing A Headshrinker Now As Part Of A Mediation With The Old Lady And He Says He's Trying To Buck My Trend Of Displacement And Projection But Sometimes I Think He's Full Of ****. They Have To Tell The Patient They Have Problems So The Patient Can Pay Them To Fix It And When They Fix It They Find A New Problem That Only They Can Fix --- And Only Countless Sessions At 150 A Pop Can Cure. I Just Feel Like I'm Getting Bent Over But I Don't Want To Challenge Him Because Then I'll Come Off As A Paranoid Looney. I Don't Want To Get Into My Personal Stuff But You Should Know That I Wish You The Best In Your Future Endeavors And Will Always Keep Those Summer Nights In 92 Close To My Heart At Least The Ones I Can Remember You Dog You.

What A Unique Idea To Post Your Appreciation Of Ty In A Thread. Maybe Someone Should Think Of Starting An Official Ty Appreciation Thread. Or We Could All Just Start Our Own Threads Instead. How Many Jazzfanz Members Are There? Imagine If Each Started His Or Her Very Own Thread About The Same Topic. Then We Could Compete To See Which One Had The Most Replies. But Actually I Think Just One Is Better Because That's The Idea Of Creating A Thread. A Thread Is Like A Thin String That Ties Related Posts Together. Which Brings Me To The Topic of Knitting. Knitting Can Be A Very Relaxing And Therapeutic Activity. You May Want To Ask Your Headshrinker If It Would Be Good For You. You May Also Want To Take A Grammar Class Or Consider A Frontal Lobotomy Or Both.

Last edited: