What's new

Official UofU homer thread

^Oh brother. Putting Cy back on ignore. I took him off because he clearly has the ability to engage in interesting conversation, but there's this defective part of his personality that thrives on manufacturing conflict. It's just so stupid.

Don't care that much about local football. So these few games I get to talk trash and rile up a few over confident Ute or BYU fans when they play Oregon I take advantage.

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

Bwahahahahahaha. Who was the over confident bitch?

Hopefully the Utes can give a good showing for the state. BYU is laying a doozy an egg.

That's because BYU just sucks. Who expected anything different? Welcome to big boy football. Time for BYU to be quiet about the two 5-7 seasons that we beat them in. It's tough to win week in and week out.

I was reading the comments on the Oregon Ducks facebook page earlier. Everybody was predicting Oregon to score 40+.

Was gonna comment but thought, "Nah, they'll find out for themselves tonight".

I listened to Oregon's pre game and they were horrible. Totally unrealistic and unknowledgeable.

Most experts agree Oregon was over ranked

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
Well it's been shown that most SEC teams are automatically over ranked just for being in the over rated SEC and that they don't have the balls to play anybody.

From a BYU alumnus, congrats to Utah. They are clearly the best team in the state and likely will be for a long, long time. BYU shot itself in the foot by being greedy and breaking away from the conference to go independent. Sure, they don't have to share bowl revenue anymore, but 100% of a small pie is much, much smaller than a moderate portion of ALL the pies the major conferences get.

I've said this a lot. BYU had a top 25 recruiting class before going Indy. Had they stayed in the MWC, they'd won 10+ every year since, gone to BCS bowls, gotten the recruits and buried Utah.

What's the saying about pride? Lol.

Birth of a fan...

I've often said I don't really follow football because I don't have a team. I think I'm going to follow my father's example. His teams were Chicago (Because of Jim McMahon) and the 49ers (because of Steve Young) and Denver (because they were the closest). I've had a hard time following football because so many teams and so many players I didn't know anything about. I'm gonna follow this Utah team and watch the NFL careers of some of their players.

Before I get called out for being some kind of fake... My father was a Jazz fan, because he was a fan of local sports teams. He rooted for BYU any time they didn't play the Utes. He always rooted for the Utes. I wasn't into baskeball, but when I was 12 my parents bought a used car from LHM and got two sets of tickets. My dad took my mom to the warriors game and took me to the bulls game. It was '92. The first year of the Delta (ESA) Center. It was Stockton & Malone vs Jordan Pippen. The game went 3ots, Jordan got ejected and the Jazz won the game. I was hooked on the Jazz.

Tonight, I have become a U of U football fan. I don't take this **** lightly.

Welcome to the family.

Can Utah run the table and get into the playoff picture?

No and yes. Unlike the SEC, the PAC-12 is too good to not lose. We don't have the cellar dwellers the other conferences have. But Utah can win the PAC and make the playoffs.

I think it's tough in ANY major conference.
Depends what you mean by Major. The ACC and the Big 10 have like 2-3 real teams in them and the Big 12 is not much better and without a title game doesn't add another real opponent to the end of their schedule. Running the table in the SEC or the Pac is tough.
Ohio State could run the table this year with only winning 2 games against good opponents.

Utah is clearly in the driver's seat right now. The Arizona schools don't look as good as they have in the past and the LA schools Utah has beaten in the past. I'd also say that UCLA struggled against BYU's defense. Utah's defense is going to romp them.

Don't overlook Cal. Their QB is the real deal.

The only thing embarrassing about it is your grasp, or lack there of college football. No shame in losing to a really good Utah team. Your take on what happened last year was also amateurish. Utah started out that game dominating just like this year, only to shoot themselves in the foot with a freak play that caused a 14 point swing and shifted the momentum of the game. Oregon didn't suddenly wake up take control. They were gifted that game, and Utah's domination this year stemmed from a determination not to give another one away. No doubt the dicks had a better team last year than they do this year, but Utah has been really good for the last 2 years, and anybody who has been paying attention isn't at all surprised at what Utah was able to do to the sucks this time around.
I think most people are and should be surprised at how easily that game yesterday was. But not surprised that the Utes won or were in the game.

Most experts agree Oregon was over ranked

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Most experts agree they've never heard of Miss St. Other than a lot of Utah's old coaches have ended up there. Poor guys. You're welcome for getting Utah's coaching retreads.