What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Not really. They can’t really get that much space without gutting their entire roster. We are talking 28-30M max with letting Reaves go and everyone else go as well.
I honestly think that's enough to get Kyrie to bounce. That assumes that Kyrie being so above everything has any modicum of truth to it.

I honestly think that's enough to get Kyrie to bounce. That assumes that Kyrie being so above everything has any modicum of truth to it.

So they have those three and minimum roster spots to fill out the rest of the roster plus they’re down their 2027 1st. What exactly was your point here? Sorry I don’t follow.

When was the last time a guard giving up 2 - 4 inches in height and 3 - 4 inches in length shut down another team's lead guard?
You can just stand down on this weird myopic point of yours. Or we can debate what "shut down" means or is measured as, find specifically what the boundaries of size are that you're talking about (shoes? without shoes? wingspan? standing reach? weight? shuttle run? max vert? etc) then overlay that with literally thousands of games worth of data all for you to either not yield or not respond in the face of the obvious answer: players shorter than whatever 6' 4" is play great defense all the ****ing time.

So you have those three and minimum roster spots to fill out the rest of the roster plus you’re down your 2027 1st. What exactly was your point here? Sorry I don’t follow.
That the reason they didn't want Conley and one of the main reasons they wanted DLo is so they had the option of pivoting back to their initial free agency plans this offseason. They are still basically setup to go that way if they want (I'm sure they can dump Vando into space or a TPE easily).

That the reason they didn't want Conley and one of the main reasons they wanted DLo is so they had the option of pivoting back to their initial free agency plans this offseason. They are still basically setup to go that way if they want (I'm sure they can dump Vando into space or a TPE easily).

Right… so maybe that could be a reason why they didn’t aggressively pursue a deal with Conley in it before the season started either?

Right… so maybe that could be a reason why they didn’t aggressively pursue a deal with Conley in it before the season started either?
That has always been my understanding. Conley basically kills that free agency plan in the crib. Otherwise I think they'd be thrilled to have Mike.

Whether its fair or not, right or wrong, the Lakers have reason to believe that they can just play free agency in a way that literally no other franchise can.

When was the last time a guard giving up 2 - 4 inches in height and 3 - 4 inches in length shut down another team's lead guard?
Jrue Holiday is 6’4” and 6’7” wingspan. Probably the best all around defender. You're telling me 1” is gonna make that big of a difference.

8. Jrue Holiday is 6' 4.25" w/o shoes
9. Marcus Smart is 6' 3" w/o shoes
10. Kris Dunn is 6' 3" w/0 shoes
11. No one knows Patrick Beverley's real measurements but I would be shocked if he's taller than 6' 2" WITH shoes
Those are with shoes measurements for those guys.

Isn't Marcus Smart like 6'3 with a 6'9 wingspan? Pretty similar to Wallace.

If you want to compare Cason Wallace to Marcus Smart, I think that's a reach, not only because Smart has a 6'9" wingspan and an imposing 225-lb physique, but because he's more explosive and more powerful driving the ball on offense. He was a more capable scorer in college who could beat and bully his defender off the dribble and get on top of the rim. He was a consensus ~top-5 pick even as a freshman.

Wallace's offense so far isn't very advanced, so if you're really drafting him in the top 10 you're hoping that a) he's a game-changing defender at the NBA level, and b) his offense is going to flourish at the NBA level. Personally, I wouldn't take that deal in the top 10. I think Wallace should be a solid rotational player who can play 3D and knock down shots at an average or above-average rate. I think he has a floor that similar to a Deanthony Melton. Beyond that he has some drives and finishes that are encouraging. However, once you put him in an NBA context where nearly everyone on the floor is bigger than he is, he's not going to look like the same high-impact player that he was at UK.

Davion Mitchell looked like a stud at Baylor, but in the NBA he's turned into a 7th or 8th man for Sacramento. Size is a huge factor holding him back. Wallace is bigger than Mitchell, but likely only by a couple inches. Let's see how Wallace measures out at the Combine and then we can continue this debate. I've never known UK to undersell its players' measurements at their Pro Day. So when they say he's 6'3" in shoes with a 6'6" wingspan, I tend to believe them.

I don't mind Wallace overall, but I don't see him as a high lottery pick.

Last edited:
Those are with shoes measurements for those guys.
Some are with shoes and some are not, but good catch (I was hopping between different platforms in a rush) and actually makes my point even better.

Marcus Smart is 6' 2" w/o shoes
Jrue Holiday is 6' 3.25" w/o shoes

Davion Mitchell looked like a stud at Baylor, but in the NBA he's turned into a 7th or 8th man for Sacramento. Size is a huge factor holding him back. Wallace is bigger than Mitchell, but likely only by a couple inches.
ONLY A COUPLE INCHES? YOUR ENTIRE POINT HINGES ON A COUPLE INCHES DETERMINING THE ABSOLUTE CEILING OF A PLAYER.

You can just stop. So can I, so I am now.

Jrue Holiday is 6’4” and 6’7” wingspan. Probably the best all around defender. You're telling me 1” is gonna make that big of a difference.

Jrue is a good defender. I wouldn't say he's the best all around defender. The Pelicans teams he was on weren't good defensive teams. Playing on the Bucks who have two DPOY candidates behind him helps. That said, if you really think Wallace projects to be like Jrue then sure, draft him.

Jrue Holiday was one and done and scorched the nets for 8.5 points per game and 30% from 3. But he was somehow considered big and with a good feel for the game so he was drafted on the cusp of the lottery.