What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

More than anything else, I’m hoping to see that Minnesota pick jump up to #1.

Not only do the jazz get a possibly transcendent franchise player, but it would set the TWolves back years - making it so those future picks increase in value also.

I want both Minnesota and Cleveland to be terrible when those picks all come due.

It’s danger time in Minnesota. The losses are piling up and so are the frustrations. This passion play has been at the local art house for the last two decades, and the foundation crumbles so much more easily when it has been blown up and rebuilt over and over again. Fingers start pointing and fabric is torn and the team is staring down the barrel of a potential disaster should they finish in the lottery and give their pick to Utah, where Walker Kessler has out-performed Gobert in some loud areas this season.

From Jon K’s piece this morning on The Athletic.

The Wolves are only a half game up on the Lakers and Thunder now. I still think they will get in together enough to crawl to the lower play-in (9 or 10), but there is a beautifully real chance that the Jazz and Wolves can both be 11+ seed in the West this season.

This is the most unique season because I am now cheering for Toronto, Atlanta, Washington, Chicago, OKC, Miami, Golden State, etc to win. I really think that San Antonio, Houston, Detroit, and Charlotte are the only teams we can't catch with the worse of us/Minny.

Has any team ever corrected their trajectory via players only meeting? I honestly don't pay attention too much to that sort of thing.

Has any team ever corrected their trajectory via players only meeting? I honestly don't pay attention too much to that sort of thing.
For a stretch, yeah. Knicks had one before they played us and had a good stretch after that. Cant ever remember seeing a full turnaround.. so the Minny meeting doesnt worry me too much.

At the end of the day reality will catch up. Badly constructed teams or flawed players are just that, no matter how many meetings they have.

For a stretch, yeah. Knicks had one before they played us and had a good stretch after that. Cant ever remember seeing a full turnaround.. so the Minny meeting doesnt worry me too much.

At the end of the day reality will catch up. Badly constructed teams or flawed players are just that, no matter how many meetings they have.
I think they have a couple factions in their organization and no real leadership. I don’t think KAT and Edwards are completely on the same page… I think Naz and Ant are homies. Kat and DLo are tight… then they got Rudy… who are the vet leaders on this team?

I think Ant has some leadership issues and hasn’t taken a big enough leap to out talent teams. kat being out hurts a lot but they will have a transition period when he comes back. We really need to hop these next three games go poorly. They are at home and could win them then go get a couple easy ones. If they go 1-2 or 0-3 they could check out mentally as the road ahead starts to look tough… would help if OKC and LA could go on a short winning streak too.

Is he talking about Gobert?
It could be Rudy... DLo... coach. Naz played very well with Rudy out. While KAT is out he will still get lots of run... when he is back Naz will be out the rotation.

That is what I am saying though... I think they have these clicks like Ant, Naz, and Kat, Dlo... and Rudy may not fit all that well with either. It feels like that was a shot at someone.