What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

No one expects him to be a 30-point scorer, but Gobert was so much bigger than anyone the Heat could throw at him on Monday night. He needs to make them pay for playing as small as they did, but he and the Timberwolves couldn’t take advantage. Part of that is on his teammates. Russell and Anthony Edwards seem to have trouble finding him in the halfcourt against smaller defenders, and the team turned the ball over 22 times on Monday night to short-circuit so many of their possessions practically before they even started.

But Gobert’s struggles with catching passes from his teammates in traffic, securing rebounds that are contested and blocking shots to intimidate opponents have made it difficult for him to inspire faith from his teammates. The ball moves better on offense and the defense is more active, though not as effective, when Gobert is off the floor. The Timberwolves simply cannot afford for that to be the case.

The inability to play with force has been a consistent issue for Gobert this season. Whether it is the new surroundings, new teammates and new coaches that are causing the tentativeness, some fatigue from playing in EuroBasket taking some of the juice from his legs or the fact that he turned 30 in June, the Wolves have not seen enough of the Gobert who was so effective in Utah.

Jon went in on Gobert in his article. Ouch.

I was definitely wrong on the Wolves/Gobert fit. I gave the Wolves too much benefit of the doubt that them doing the move meant they had a better game plan for how to actually use Gobert.

Why would you trade for Gobert if you arent ready to optimize him?

I just hope he can get traded to a team where he actually makes sense. Give him an elite playmaker and shooters.
They should hire Quin. I also think they’d be better off trying to move him to like Atlanta for Capela and Collins… though I’m not sure Atlanta has the financial ********* to take on his deal. I just think neither Edwards or Russell are able to find him and Ant wants the paint wide open.

Can you imagine the trade negotiations Ainge would have with Minny over Quin?

Jon went in on Gobert in his article. Ouch.
And it’s not ideal but is was one game after Christmas… on the road. His stats this season aren’t like last season in Utah but other than his block numbers he’s not crazy far off.

They should hire Quin. I also think they’d be better off trying to move him to like Atlanta for Capela and Collins… though I’m not sure Atlanta has the financial ********* to take on his deal. I just think neither Edwards or Russell are able to find him and Ant wants the paint wide open.

I'm not sure Quin would be interested in the job, but if he was, hiring him is the smartest thing Minnesota could do.

Does a team have to trade for Quin or is he free to go anywhere after a certain amount of time?

Does a team have to trade for Quin or is he free to go anywhere after a certain amount of time?
Quin is in a basement ruminating and shouting to himself under his breath. Nobody can break that concentration to reach him. Only Danny knows where the basement is. So, Quin is "free to go anywhere," but, in reality... won't unless Danny gives his coordinates. And Danny doesn't give those up without picks.

Last I heard, he was wearing Joker makeup.

Quin is in a basement ruminating and shouting to himself under his breath. Nobody can break that concentration to reach him. Only Danny knows where the basement is. So, Quin is "free to go anywhere," but, in reality... won't unless Danny gives his coordinates. And Danny doesn't give those up without picks.

Last I heard, he was wearing Joker makeup.
He’s rewatching old playoff series and muttering stuff like “the midrange math still works it’s a statistical outlier” and “I know Don didn’t pass to Rudy wide open but I saw them eat lunch together the week before” and “I know we lost a 4th quarter lead but to lose a lead you have to be in the lead… it’s fine”.

When he needs a break he goes up and takes a dip in the swimming pool of unused challenges he collected over the years.

the gobert contract is going to sink this Minny team the next few seasons and we own all their picks. Incredible. I do think there's a possibility it goes down as the worst trade of all time, especially if one of their picks ends up in the lottery. I mean, imagine what would happen if we got Wemby with their pick this season. I think the ownership group would have to sell the team again and the GM would be instantly sacked.

the gobert contract is going to sink this Minny team the next few seasons and we own all their picks. Incredible. I do think there's a possibility it goes down as the worst trade of all time, especially if one of their picks ends up in the lottery. I mean, imagine what would happen if we got Wemby with their pick this season. I think the ownership group would have to sell the team again and the GM would be instantly sacked.
I think it would have to be something drastic like getting Wemby for it to be the worst trade of all time. The Jazz traded Magic Johnson for a for Gail Goodrich. There's plenty of other crazy trades like that in NBA history.

I think it would have to be something drastic like getting Wemby for it to be the worst trade of all time. The Jazz traded Magic Johnson for a for Gail Goodrich. There's plenty of other crazy trades like that in NBA history.
They didn't trade that pick. It was given to LA as "compensation" for signing away a free agent. So more league ******** shenanigans.

Minnesota

16-18

As of today would be the #11 pick in the draft.

Brooklyn

22-12

As of today would be the #27 pick in the draft.

Philadelphia

20-13

As of today would be tied for the #23 pick in the draft.

We own Minnesota’s pick unprotected and get the lesser of Brooklyn/Philadelphia/Houston’s picks.

Updated. If the draft was today we’d have picks 11/14/27.

Question is, and it likely was brought up in one of the prior pages and has been lost, is what would it take to get the NOP to trade the Jazz that LAL pick? I mean at the very least it helps restore the balance of the universe so we can all go back to rooting for LAL losses, the actual pick be damned.

For the record,after this last go around with the jerseys and color scheme, I'd be down to include the Jazz name. Could even say we are in talks to Memphis to trade as Grizzlies works for the Jazz (even keeps the "zz") and Memphis is nicked named "music city" (albeit more for blues and country then Jazz).

Question is, and it likely was brought up in one of the prior pages and has been lost, is what would it take to get the NOP to trade the Jazz that LAL pick? I mean at the very least it helps restore the balance of the universe so we can all go back to rooting for LAL losses, the actual pick be damned.

For the record,after this last go around with the jerseys and color scheme, I'd be down to include the Jazz name. Could even say we are in talks to Memphis to trade as Grizzlies works for the Jazz (even keeps the "zz") and Memphis is nicked named "music city" (albeit more for blues and country then Jazz).

The naming rights to the Jazz for the Lakers pick is a tough call. Hmmm...