What's new

Official We Don't Need Hayward; Trade him.

Also did anyone see Sasha Kauns free throws? His form was hilarious.

Ummmm no. Glad they played well without him, but he's the team's best all-around wing and is solid on both ends of the court. I'd like to see him let Rodney lead the offense a little more, but he makes his teammates better when he's out there. Trading him would be a mistake. Jazz will keep him.

Glad that Hood and Lyles look like keepers, though. That means that DL has hit on Gobert, Neto, Hood, Lyles, and likely Exum and Mack as rotational players. Only big miss was Burke. Gives me hope for whoever they pick at 15 this year.

Don't forget that that pick was influenced by Corbin... Bet he woulda taken Antetokounmpo if they didn't trade.

That's who I wanted, which would have been amazing. Too bad, so sad. Guess they just need to learn from that mistake. Best player (with the highest upside) regardless of position. Let competition decide who starts and how many minutes each guy gets.

Don't forget that that pick was influenced by Corbin... Bet he woulda taken Antetokounmpo if they didn't trade.

Umm, no. The Jazz clearly had to take a PG in the draft since KOC and DL left the team devoid of one. That was a HUGE mistake by the two GM's as it eliminated taking BPA.

Umm, no. The Jazz clearly had to take a PG in the draft since KOC and DL left the team devoid of one. That was a HUGE mistake by the two GM's as it eliminated taking BPA.

Alec Burks, Ian Clark, Diante Garrett, John Lucas III, Jamaal Tinsley

Alec Burks

Is NOT a PG.
Seriously, there is no way Alec plays 35 mins/per at the 1, especially against the better PG's in the league. Yes, the 3 wing offense can be effective in spurts, but not as a full-time option. And especially NOT in the offense Corbin was using. KOC and DL backed themselves into a corner by having Watson and Tinsley as the only options.

Is NOT a PG.
Seriously, there is no way Alec plays 35 mins/per at the 1, especially against the better PG's in the league. Yes, the 3 wing offense can be effective in spurts, but not as a full-time option. And especially NOT in the offense Corbin was using. KOC and DL backed themselves into a corner by having Watson and Tinsley as the only options.

Watson wasn't on the team. See previous edited post tho. That's 4 point guards we had not including Burks.

Dude. It's pointetokounpo now. Haven't you seen his triple doubles since they have been playing him at the 1?

Watson wasn't on the team. See previous edited post tho. That's 4 point guards we had not including Burks.

Your timing is a little off. Jazz finished the 2012-13 season with Mo Williams, Tinsley and Watson as their PG's. Mo was clearly not going to return, So the Jazz headed into the draft with Tinsley and Watson as the only PG's with experience in the Jazz' system (albeit I think they were both FA's after the season). So really, the Jazz - IINM - had ZERO PG's on the roster at the time of the draft.

JLIII was signed after the draft (in July). Garrett was signed during the season (Nov 2013) and Clark was plucked from a summer league roster. But Clark was not really a PG - and neither was/is Burks. BTW, Gaines goes back to 2009-10.

So yes, I stand by my original statement: when you've screwed the pooch by only having two decrepit geriatrics as your likely returnees at PG, you BETTER draft one. DL would have taken McCollum or MCW had he not selected Burke. Or he would have taken Schroder at #14.