What's new

Offseason Report Card - Utah Jazz [via NBA.com]

karpasov

Jazz's grade - B+

Summary
The Jazz are on the ground floor with nowhere to go but up since committing to a youth movement last summer. Jazz fans will still have to sit through a lot of losing, but they should be excited by the young players the team will put on the floor. The combo of Burke and the 6-foot-6 Exum, the No. 5 overall pick, will give defenses headaches.
The Jazz spent heavily to keep Hayward and now it's up to him to live up to (or close to) the money, both as a team leader and becoming a much-improved shooter. If Kanter, Favors continue to improve, the Jazz will be headed in the right direction, plus their cap is well-managed and have the ability to make deals if down they road they can acquire a high-caliber veteran.

-- Jeff Caplan

To the full report -
https://www.nba.com/reportcard/offseason/2014/jazz/index.html

For refernce, here are some other grades:
Cleveland Cavaliers A
Golden State Warriors B+
Minnesota Timberwolves B
Phoenix Suns C+
New York Knicks C
and of course - Los Angeles Lakers D

Attachments

• Jazz.jpg
    Jazz.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 21
Exum won't give too many opponents headaches, but he'll sure give us some. I just hope he shows us enough flashes to keep our hopes up. I'm more excited to see Hood in his rookie year. He'll probably win a few games for us.
Will Kanter take a needed step year? Where will Burks be? Can Burke play more consistently, and improve on his solid rookie year? Will Hayward make us all cry AK, or by some miracle will he actually perform above our expectations?

Here is Caplan:

lizzycaplan1.jpg

lizzy-caplan-10.jpg

Caplan.jpg

Lizzy%20Caplan-LRS-007353.jpg

Beautiful woman.

I'm just gonna go with whatever she has to say about the Jazz.

^Her headlights are on bright in photos 2 and 4. It's okay with me if she can't find the dimmer switch, though.
It's always a tough call: do you turn up the air conditioning hoping to get a woman's, ummm, attention, or do you turn up the heat, hoping she'll decide to wear less?

Best case might be a chilly night and a cozy hot tub.

Caplan is NOT a beautiful woman. She is creepy and domineering at best. Besides, her headlights are crooked, yo! It would be like looking at Tracy McGrady... You wouldn't know which one to look at!