Who should start for the new-look Jazz?

• Total voters

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
There have been plenty of threads out there with new starting lineups proposed. Let's get JazzFanz opinions on this and get a concensus (or at least majority) starting lineup. Everyone gets 5 votes. I have listed 10 players, due to limitations of the vote. Feel free to defend your choices. Rest assured they will be picked apart!

Who should start?

More realistically, I put:

Harris
AK
Millsap
Favors
Jefferson

My choices were:

Harris
Hayward
AK
Favors
AJ

I know some might have thought about Evans but I am liking him better off the bench as an energy guy. This gives us a bench of:

Watson
Bell
CJ/Evans
Sap
Fess/Elson

Not a bad bench really.

The correct answer is:

Harris
Hayward
AK
Millsap
Jefferson

Favors should get significant minutes off the bench, for now.

How do any of the above responses help us beat Cleveland and Washington? I'm rooting for the most ping pong balls. Are you all hoping the Jazz tank the lottery or something? If they are never winners then what's the point of being a fan?

How do any of the above responses help us beat Cleveland and Washington? I'm rooting for the most ping pong balls. Are you all hoping the Jazz tank the lottery or something? If they are never winners then what's the point of being a fan?

Actually I was thinking about this as the official new starting lineup thread so the same starting lineups don't have to be posted over and over in every thread about Hayward, Favors, AJ, Sap, CJ, et al. Here is the forum to discuss what starting lineup you would like to see and why.

In the end we all know that this won't make a monkey **** of a difference to the outcome of this season. Come on just play along guy.

Actually I was thinking about this as the official new starting lineup thread so the same starting lineups don't have to be posted over and over in every thread about Hayward, Favors, AJ, Sap, CJ, et al. Here is the forum to discuss what starting lineup you would like to see and why.

In the end we all know that this won't make a monkey **** of a difference to the outcome of this season. Come on just play along guy.

I know. That's why I am playing along. These line ups are too strong. I need some excitement and development, but not many wins. So here are my guys:

1 Harris, 2/3 Favors, 2/3 Evans, 4 AJ, 5 Fes.

Hayward to the gym or D-League. Bell, CJ, and Price to Bahamas. Pull up any and every 2 no matter how long of a shot he is and hope to find a lucky diamond.

Favors will be in the starting lineup in the future, but not yet.

PG Harris
SG Hayward
SF Kirilenko
PF Millsap
C Al Jefferson

My choices were:

Harris
Hayward
AK
Favors
AJ

I know some might have thought about Evans but I am liking him better off the bench as an energy guy. This gives us a bench of:

Watson
Bell
CJ/Evans
Sap
Fess/Elson

Not a bad bench really.

This is the rotations I like as well. I voted for these same players.

So it appears the JazzFanz starting lineup is as follows:

Harris (unanimous - 38 of 38 votes)
Hayward (33 of 38 votes)
AK (35 of 38 votes)
Millsap (22 vs 15 over Favors, the closest margin)
AJ (unanimous - 38 of 38 votes)

I'm fine with the current starting lineup. I am in agreement that Bell shouldn't be given tons of minutes. He hasn't produced, but as a starter getting 20 minutes, I'm fine with.

Not to troll Log, but how the **** does this poll make any sense at all? Shouldnt you have put possible lineups as poll selections? Just sayin.

Not to troll Log, but how the **** does this poll make any sense at all? Shouldnt you have put possible lineups as poll selections? Just sayin.

Makes sense to me. You get 5 votes so you vote for the 5 guys you think should be the starters. The top 5 players are the 5 guys that the fans here want to start.

What is so hard to understand?