What's new

Old online programming/HMTL source code game from 2007?

UB

100% certified ****boii
Contributor
I'm trying to remember the name of this old but cool online game where you'd try to solve puzzle levels by looking for clues in the page's source code and stuff? You would even copy and past images and alter them to find the clues. I remember playing it like ten years ago, and oldies are goodies. For the life of me, I cannot remember what this game is. Any ideas?

That’s it! I got busy and lazy at work. Thanks for rivaling my nerdery, Colton.
LOL, any time. I have actually been thinking for a while about going and redoing them all. I think I finished all of the ones that were available back when I did the riddles, maybe in 2006?, but there are undoubtedly a lot more now. And I could probably re-do the ones I did before quite quickly. At least, I think I'd be able to remember/figure them all out again much faster than before.

Funniest thing in hindsight (spoiler): I remember one of the riddles was something like 844335533999. Totally kicked my butt! I didn't even have a cell phone back then, and had never texted. Never, not once. Took me FOREVER to figure out I should translate the numbers into key-presses using the code a telephone number pad ("THEKEY", given the numbers I made up just now, although I'm sure those aren't the actual ones). In hindsight I'm sure that clue was totally obvious to most people at the time (I was really slow getting my first cell phone). Funny thing is that with smart phones these days, the same clue might again be quite challenging for some people, namely those who never used a flip phone before getting their first smart phone.

And LOL that I can't remember to bring the laundry basket downstairs when my wife asks me to (yesterday, oops!), but I can remember an obscure nerdy website from the 2000's.

Reactions: UB
And LOL that I can't remember to bring the laundry basket downstairs when my wife asks me to (yesterday, oops!), but I can remember an obscure nerdy website from the 2000's.
It's our quirks that make us real...at least this is what I tell my wife when she gets upset with my nonsense.

It's our quirks that make us real...at least this is what I tell my wife when she gets upset with my nonsense.
I found my old notes with all of my answers! :) Looks like I completed "batch 4", which was level 58 in Mar 2007 (judging by the last modified date on the file). Looking at the forum, the latest batch seems to be "batch 7", which goes through level 90 at least. So I guess I have 32 new levels... not sure if I want to start them or not. I can get obsessive about stuff like this.

I had to quit at Level 14, after restarting all over again. I have an intense headache, mostly from quitting early. But I need to sleep! The struggle is real!!