What's new

Old USPS logo: what do you see?

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
1704249100556.png

Only as an adult do I know that this is an eagle. Has everyone always seen this as an eagle? I had wondered if people saw this differently, like the two faces vs. vases, or the old woman and young woman illusion, or the Batman logo vs. teeth. Anyway, when I google USPS logo and a man in a hat, all I get are hits of the logo on a hat. I felt I was the only one but my wife just told me she didn’t necessarily see it as that, but hadn’t recognized it as being an eagle.

What I saw was the silhouette of a guy wearing an old hat, like maybe a really long scally cap (not sure what those would be called). I’m wondering if I had this association because somewhere very early in school, like early kindergarten, we learned all about the Pony Express. Here’s an image from Wikipedia for the Pony Express:

1704249354777.jpeg

Obviously that’s a different hat that what could be seen in the “silhouette,” but you get the idea. The more proximal part of the eagle’s wing would be the face/profile while the distal part of the wing is the hat, the eagle’s face was like a lanyard for the satchel/pouch that carries the mail.

I dunno. Has everyone always seen an eagle?

You, sir, are playing with forces you clearly do not fully comprehend.

Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

images

uspis+photo-640w.png

deliveryService

63927e6f27ef8.preview.jpg

E5L7UODMKBDAJHMZQ7ZATKERPU.jpg

IlR9k-1602252957-176343-blog-MAIL%20TRUCK%20FIRES.JPG

Jeff-Fitzwater-USPS-truck-fire-scaled-1.jpeg

9585742_G.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 15679

Only as an adult do I know that this is an eagle. Has everyone always seen this as an eagle? I had wondered if people saw this differently, like the two faces vs. vases, or the old woman and young woman illusion, or the Batman logo vs. teeth. Anyway, when I google USPS logo and a man in a hat, all I get are hits of the logo on a hat. I felt I was the only one but my wife just told me she didn’t necessarily see it as that, but hadn’t recognized it as being an eagle.

What I saw was the silhouette of a guy wearing an old hat, like maybe a really long scally cap (not sure what those would be called). I’m wondering if I had this association because somewhere very early in school, like early kindergarten, we learned all about the Pony Express. Here’s an image from Wikipedia for the Pony Express:

View attachment 15680

Obviously that’s a different hat that what could be seen in the “silhouette,” but you get the idea. The more proximal part of the eagle’s wing would be the face/profile while the distal part of the wing is the hat, the eagle’s face was like a lanyard for the satchel/pouch that carries the mail.

I dunno. Has everyone always seen an eagle?
How much LSD did you do as a child?