What's new

Olynyk and Love injury

zman1527

So, Olynyk yanks Love's arm out of it socket, disabling Love for the rest of the playoffs, possibly shortening his career. And for that he gets a one game suspension? I would suggest that when an injury occurs from a deliberate foul, then the player committing the foul should be suspended until the other player comes back from injury.

I don't know anything about the kind of guy Olynyk is, but this particular play is at least comparable, in terms of purely malicious intent, to "The Punch". Olynyk may not have caused a life-threatening injury, but it's tough to argue he wasn't deliberately trying to hurt Love.

Also, Olynyk has girl hair.

Deliberately trying to hurt love or deliberately grabbing his arm to prevent Love from getting the rebound? I am in the latter camp.

Deliberately trying to hurt love or deliberately grabbing his arm to prevent Love from getting the rebound? I am in the latter camp.

Initially, I thought the latter, too. But watching the replay multiple times after the foul, Olynyk took it a step further and pulled down hard on his arm after locking him up. It's just hard for me to see the replay and chock the injury up as 100% a fluke.

That said, guys lock each other up like that under the basket all the time, so who knows? Like I said-- it's just my opinion that Olynyk's intent was malicious. Probably because I hate his face, and I like making him a bad guy.

I don't think Olynyk went out there thinking "I'm gonna rip his arms off". I think he just wants to be physical and it was just an akward tie-up between the 2.

I'm going to assume it takes a good deal of force to dislocate some's shoulder. Olynyk isn't a very strong dude, which tells me he must have been putting some effort into the pulling of his arm. Did he mean to dislocate it and cause a playoff ending injury? Maybe not, but he meant to do something.

In high school during freshmen football my coach had a rule were he would allow every single person on the team to play at least 2 plays no matter how bad they were. I had a friend who was not very athletic and he only played the minimum two games a year. He would dislocate his arm seemingly every play. I also wrestled with him in during Jr high. From Jr high to high school freshmen football I remember him dislocating his arm some CRAZY number. At the very minimum it was like 4 times though I think it was like 6 or 7. My grandma played ring around the rosy with my sister when she was like 2 years old and her arm got dislocated (it hasn't been dislocated since). Arms dislocating isn't that hard. I think Kelly was just desperate for the rebound and used excess force and it was at an angle that was just enough to pull it out.

I never indicated that Olynyk was trying to dislocate his arm and for the suspension, it does not matter. If he actually intended to do that, it is a crime and he should be arrested.

What he did do is intentionally break the rules of the game by locking onto Love's arm and pulling really hard. He pulled so freaking hard that he ripped the arm out of its socket. Love will be out who knows how long, and the playoffs, and Olynyk gets a meaningless one game suspension. That does not add up to me.

I never indicated that Olynyk was trying to dislocate his arm and for the suspension, it does not matter. If he actually intended to do that, it is a crime and he should be arrested.

What he did do is intentionally break the rules of the game by locking onto Love's arm and pulling really hard. He pulled so freaking hard that he ripped the arm out of its socket. Love will be out who knows how long, and the playoffs, and Olynyk gets a meaningless one game suspension. That does not add up to me.

If you want to suspend players for injury players in sports, we would hardly have anyone being allowed to play.