What's new

Olynyk is The Straw

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
The straw that stirs the drink. He is so much better than Collins it's not even funny.

If Danny wants to lose he needs to trade his favorite son.

We are 1-1 in games without Olynyk and last night Portland scored their first 7 points on him. Glad they didnt start targeting him though. But while I may not be as in awe with him as you are, I do agree that when he is on the court, the offense runs way more smoothly.

God I just wish he learned to box out. Like forget going aggresively for the rebounds, just look around where the big guys are and box them out. That is the only skillset where Collins completely washes him. Most of everything else is either close or in favor of KO.

Like when I used to play ball, not boxing out was the fastest way to the bench in my team. Maybe my coach was just somehow overly paranoid about it. But it stuck, so here I am.

God I just wish he learned to box out.
Boxing out is so rare in the NBA that some announcers get legit confused when it happens. Wait, this dude is NOT joining the every-man-for-himself pogo stick competition right under the rim...huh?

An individual rebound is a plus counting stat, and plus counting stats equal money in the league. Every time you box out hard and take yourself out of the action in the process, someone else gets a little richer.

I used to scoff at NBA players not boxing out, but nowadays I'm resigned to the fact that some things will never change.

Boxing out is so rare in the NBA that some announcers get legit confused when it happens. Wait, this dude is NOT joining the every-man-for-himself pogo stick competition right under the rim...huh?

An individual rebound is a plus counting stat, and plus counting stats equal money in the league. Every time you box out hard and take yourself out of the action in the process, someone else gets a little richer.

I used to scoff at NBA players not boxing out, but nowadays I'm resigned to the fact that some things will never change.
Dude its not THAT rare. And you dont have to go full low stance box out, just be a bit aware where the opponents are and go between them and the rim.

Its where you are supposed to be anyways on defense, and its where you wanna be on offense as well.

Dude its not THAT rare. And you dont have to go full low stance box out, just be a bit aware where the opponents are and go between them and the rim.

Its where you are supposed to be anyways on defense, and its where you wanna be on offense as well.
Even now fundamental take a quick glance to be aware of where people are. So often they don't even look over their shoulder and they get muscled out of the way when literally a half step sideways could have made the difference. Our HS coach always told us rebounding is way more about effort and desire than size. We were always somewhat undersized but we almost always out-rebounded the other teams because we knew the fundamentals, and put forth the effort. And it does get frustrating seeing some of these guys just drift away from the shot with one foot headed the other way on most plays.