What's new

@One Love

Thanks for the reminder... it was a GREAT effort and in the end an absolute trashing... 8-1 the final score.. not too shabby.

America's Cup is now New Zealand's Cup ....

39429059_303.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC5Dknfua5U

Rugby team is All Blacks.
Basketball team is Tall Blacks.
Strip-tease team is Pole Blacks.
FWIW the name changes to Black - *something* when there is equipment involved.. like the cricket team is Black Caps and the field hockey team is the Black Sticks... the softball team I think is the Black Socks.

I would imagine a cooking team would be like the Black Aprons or the Black Woks.

Wow ok that's cool. So many sports news in NZ at the moment with the America's Cup win and the All Blacks vs British Lions tour, I hadn't seen any basketball news.

Fun fact. The best player on New Zealand's team mentioned in the article plays for Kentucky... well if "playing" means 6 minutes last year.

congrats to the Kiwi's on their America's Cup win

I can't believe it's been 10 years now since my daughter lived in Queenstown and worked for Sail Queenstown and the NZ Challenge team on Lake Wakatipu

congrats to the Kiwi's on their America's Cup win

I can't believe it's been 10 years now since my daughter lived in Queenstown and worked for Sail Queenstown and the NZ Challenge team on Lake Wakatipu

Wow I see - that's amazing! Is she back in the US now? So sorry that you won't be able to see the America's Cup being sailed in Chicago (i.e., the proposed new location had Oracle won it).

Wow I see - that's amazing! Is she back in the US now? So sorry that you won't be able to see the America's Cup being sailed in Chicago (i.e., the proposed new location had Oracle won it).

she is - in the LA area - but she still has a NZ connection as she does some contract work for TNZ, the NZ travel bureau, in their office there