What's new

One thing no one is talking about in regards to Free Agents.

Mongoose

I know Jazz fans are all hoping that free agents like KD, Kyrie, Kemba, Tobias, etc opt for better situations and forgo the big paydays. Having chips fall in Brooklyn means players like Russel become available for the jazz to swoop in and get, or Tobias may opt for what he thinks is a better situation elsewhere.

If we see that players throughout the league are likely to forgo the big money contracts for "better" situations I think it should give Jazz fans some heartache... If the money isnt enticing for the majority of players we need to be seriously concerned about our abilities to retain Rudy and DM and any other player the jazz are likely to find and bring in. If there is any positive to players staying where they are, it is that the Jazz can hopefully do the same with their own players in the not so distant future. I am hoping that Hayward is the exception and not the rule when it comes to finding "better" situations.

I think the Jazz offer a pretty good situation right now. They need to take advantage of that this off season so that the situation is good when Gobert and Mitchell are making those decisions.

With Durant's injury every team in the league by default is in much better shape. Every playoff team will at least now have a "punchers chance" at a ring.

I was going to start a thread saying exactly this. Last night signaled the changing of the guards:

KD - Absent in 2020
Klay - Absent most of 2020 if not all
Warriors - Singing that stupid Tom Petty Free falling song
Rockets - 'Management hates Chris Paul but are paying him for 3 more years'

The sharks are swirling. Frankly there are 3 - 4 teams that made the playoffs that are poised to strike:

Jazz
Clippers
Nuggets
To a lesser degree - Blazers (They are already in the luxury tax so they can't really change their team in free agency)

We should be VERY aggressive this offseason. Let's do this Jazz!

I don’t think Rudy is going anywhere and I think we’d be willing to pay him more than other teams would anyway.

DM is restricted so let’s worry about that in 5 years.

I don’t think Rudy is going anywhere and I think we’d be willing to pay him more than other teams would anyway.

DM could simply sign an QO and bolt town, while Rudy could decide he needs to go to a larger market where he'd be more recognized for the game he has. There is never 100% certainties in this league. Granted, those won't likely happen, but we also were all 100% certain GS would win the title going away this year.

Utah needs to act to get better this offseason or position themselves to do it soon.

Am I the only one a little (actually a lot) queasy about the idea of paying Rudy $40-$50MM/year? I love Rudy, but I don't want to be paying my center that type of money.

Don’t you just love despair?

When you know already know that you are doomed, despair is like a chocolate cake with a layer of chocolate mousse in the middle. You’ll get up in the wee hours to down piece after piece of that ****.

DM could simply sign an QO and bolt town, while Rudy could decide he needs to go to a larger market where he'd be more recognized for the game he has. There is never 100% certainties in this league. Granted, those won't likely happen, but we also were all 100% certain GS would win the title going away this year.

Utah needs to act to get better this offseason or position themselves to do it soon.

Name one player that has taken the qualifying offer with a max extension on the table... I’ll wait.

Am I the only one a little (actually a lot) queasy about the idea of paying Rudy $40-$50MM/year? I love Rudy, but I don't want to be paying my center that type of money.
I hope so. He is worth that or more. Who cares what position he plays. I care about his impact on the floor and it is huge. There is a good reason he leads the league in so many advanced stats. His impact is huge and top 15 in the league.

This idea that you cant win playing a certain position too much is silly. It changes all the time when someone or a few people have a big impact at that position. Dont look at what other teams are doing for what you should do. Play to your own strengths.

I hope so. He is worth that or more. Who cares what position he plays. I care about his impact on the floor and it is huge. There is a good reason he leads the league in so many advanced stats. His impact is huge and top 15 in the league.

This idea that you cant win playing a certain position too much is silly. It changes all the time when someone or a few people have a big impact at that position. Dont look at what other teams are doing for what you should do. Play to your own strengths.
He isn't a top fifteen player and any stat that shows it shows stats are overblown. He is a great time protector, it's the only thing he is great at. Top fifteen players are great at multiple facets of the game

He isn't a top fifteen player and any stat that shows it shows stats are overblown. He is a great time protector, it's the only thing he is great at. Top fifteen players are great at multiple facets of the game

Rim protecting is the only thing he is great at?
Uh, he holds the record for dunks in a season dumbass.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Multiple facets
Screenshot_20190201-101232~2.jpegScreenshot_20190131-181252~2.jpegScreenshot_20190127-133658__01.jpegScreenshot_20190127-070050~2.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Heaven forbid clocks get off. He must be a lot to handle on day light savings day. Or does he travel through time making sure no one messes with history?

Obviously you dont watch the Jazz or dont understand basketball if you think all he does is protect the rim.

I guess pretty much all stats are overrated then, lol.