What's new

Open Letter To Gordon Hayward

nvm found some. I'll save the rep points for another time.

Oh yeah, Hayward is good.

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. It takes and even bigger man to laugh at that man! "Jack Handy"

Hayward just moved into 17th in PPG in the league. He is 4th in SFs in PPG. Behind only Lebron, Carmelo and Gay. He is only .1 ppg behind Gay.

I'd be very interested to see what his efficiency is. Hayward isn't a volume shooter. He doesn't dominate the offense like many others.

I've generally been a Hayward supporter. Well, after warming up to him after the draft. Face it, only Honz and KOC loved him on draft night. many times last season I said he'd eventually bounce back to his career averages. But I was still uber-upset at his contract after such an awful season last year. Grudgingly, I said the Jazz should match, but not because I thought he was worth it. It was more the concept of losing a very good asset for nothing (and not at all comparable to the Jefferson/Millsap situation). Hated the clauses he allowed Charlotte to insert (trade kicker and especially the opt-out).

AS recently as a few weeks ago, I've voiced concerns over whether he'll be worth a $20M contract in 3 years. I think he is erasing those doubts (although I hope he helps Utah out by taking a bit less so we can keep the core together).

Gordon, please forgive me for my sins. Your step-back "J' is heavenly, your playmaking divine and your face angelic. You are a truly a god sent to live amongst us.

I will say I'm pretty sure I was either the first or second to say he would be a star. Said it when Sloan was still the coach around mid season of his rookie season
Nobody beat Honz. That guy was pimping Gordon before the freaking draft. He took a lot of heat and nobody thought he was serious but holy hell did he call that one.

Nobody beat Honz. That guy was pimping Gordon before the freaking draft. He took a lot of heat and nobody thought he was serious but holy hell did he call that one.

That's why I said I was first or second to say it. Knew hones said he wanted Hayward, but couldn't remember if he thought he'd be a star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add me to that list.

I'm sorry Gordon I booed you at the draft party like you just ran over my dog. I'm sorry I cursed your name when you went 4 for 15 in so many games last year. I'm sorry I made my avatar of you shooting a brick. I'm sorry that I claimed you were a bust your rookie year. I'm sorry I laughed when Deron threw the ball at you. I'm sorry if I laughed when Delonte West gave you a web willie or when J.J. Barea punked you on the free throw line. I'm sorry I thought you looked like a high schooler when I talked to you at the air port. I'm sorry I threw up when the Jazz matched your gigantic contract. I'm sorry I told DL to trade you while they could still get something for you. I'm sorry I made fun of your haircut...(not really sorry about that one). Please forgive me.

I thought maxing Gordon instead of Kanter was dumbest thing Jazz did since Harprings contract, and i don't care if u pick his player or media one. Boy was I wrong.