What's new

Oppenheimer

I watch Opp in IMAX on the super huge *** film version and I didnt have any issue that people are talking about with sound.
It isn't a sound problem in the film, it's the decisions on how he ratcheted the sound up and down purposely, sometimes dead silent to high decibels in the same scene. Very quiet dialogue in lots of it against really loud sounds, like the pounding feet on the bleachers. For some people it was jarring and discordant. I felt like it was done to highlight the differences in the different parts of his life and the final results of the bomb.

It isn't a sound problem in the film, it's the decisions on how he ratcheted the sound up and down purposely, sometimes dead silent to high decibels in the same scene. Very quiet dialogue in lots of it against really loud sounds, like the pounding feet on the bleachers. For some people it was jarring and discordant. I felt like it was done to highlight the differences in the different parts of his life and the final results of the bomb.
Oh yeah, fully agreed with you there.

My issue is with his music, not sound.
I lump the music in with the sound. Because I really feel like he was trying for a certain aesthetic for the film, as he does most of his films. But yeah it can be jarring and drown out dialogue and such at times.

Does anyone who has seen Oppenheimer intend on watching it more than once? I felt it was pretty heavy, but at some point I will probably watch it again when it hits streaming. No need to see it again in the theater, like I did with Dark Knight about 6 times. LOL