What's new

Oral History of the 1990s Orlando Magic

I loved that team. We were living in Orlando at the time and I loved Penny Hardaway and Nick Anderson. Horace Grant and his spectacles next to Shaq. Man, that was a fun team. That team is the only other "team" that I've followed other than the Jazz. Penny was unreal. Even Scott and his threes. He was taking and making threes at an unreal rate. Didn't he set records with that?

I also remember Anderson missing those FT's. Heartbreaking. The dude never recovered from that.

I remember Penny's dunk over Ewing. I went out in the yard, dropped the hoop and dunked over Ewing for the rest of that day. The two footed, gather and dunk. That was amazing.

No one else loved that Magic team? Little Penny? Dennis Scott raining threes? Nick Anderson dropping 50 on the road?

You guys suck.

I loved that team. We were living in Orlando at the time and I loved Penny Hardaway and Nick Anderson. Horace Grant and his spectacles next to Shaq. Man, that was a fun team. That team is the only other "team" that I've followed other than the Jazz. Penny was unreal. Even Scott and his threes. He was taking and making threes at an unreal rate. Didn't he set records with that?

I also remember Anderson missing those FT's. Heartbreaking. The dude never recovered from that.

He actually didn't drop off too badly following season. Also, whoever it was (Dennis Scott I think) that said he started shooting a ton of 3s after that was actually quite wrong. Anderson attempted 431 of them in 1994-95 and 430 the following season. In fact, that 431 was the most he ever attempted in a season. Anderson's FT attempts per game actually increased the season after the Finals loss.

He actually didn't drop off too badly following season. Also, whoever it was (Dennis Scott I think) that said he started shooting a ton of 3s after that was actually quite wrong. Anderson attempted 431 of them in 1994-95 and 430 the following season. In fact, that 431 was the most he ever attempted in a season. Anderson's FT attempts per game actually increased the season after the Finals loss.

That's interesting. I was young at the time, and I just remember always hearing about how missing those 4 FT's messed his head up. I always thought Nick Anderson was underrated.