Votes: 13 24.5%
  • 6-10 Games

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • 10-20 Games

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Season

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
Yeah no. Do you realize that the act should have consequences but the result was Poole just shrrugged it off and finished the workout? Green hits like a cupcake and anyone close to the situation is laughing at him, not Poole apparently.This despite the common reaction (mine included at first) was to assume he was knocked out by an aggressive teammate. This entire thing is a joke at this point. Green snapped and didn't even connect, or hits like a cupcake end of story. hell Poole probably slipped adding to the drama smh

If you think a knockout determines if a punch was powerful or not then you are clueless. A 6 year could knock you out if they hit you in the right spot. Knockouts dont happen due to power, they happen due to location.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The issue that I have with Steve Kerr's comments is that they feel like they are just sweeping this under the rug.

We live in a world that has become hypersensitive to words. Sticks and stones (and Draymond's fists) can BREAK YOUR BONES but words can never hurt you. That was the saying when I was growing up. Now days, apparently it's the opposite.

The fact that Steve Kerr has seen this happen 20 times IS THE REASON it should be highlighted and punished more than before.

The other aspect of that hit is that it was clearly had an element of intimidation and domination to it. An 'I'ma gonna put you in your place' smackdown. What part of that isn't Bullying.

And my last bit of the soap box. Adam Silver is more than happy to take a team from an owner due to comments about race, gender, etc. Not saying that isn't the right play. But when it comes to intimidation, bullying, and fisticuffs well... it happens all the time so that must make it ok. What does this say to all of the kids who see it and go to the playground. Sheesh.

The issue that I have with Steve Kerr's comments is that they feel like they are just sweeping this under the rug.

We live in a world that has become hypersensitive to words. Sticks and stones (and Draymond's fists) can BREAK YOUR BONES but words can never hurt you. That was the saying when I was growing up. Now days, apparently it's the opposite.

The fact that Steve Kerr has seen this happen 20 times IS THE REASON it should be highlighted and punished more than before.

The other aspect of that hit is that it was clearly had an element of intimidation and domination to it. An 'I'ma gonna put you in your place' smackdown. What part of that isn't Bullying.

And my last bit of the soap box. Adam Silver is more than happy to take a team from an owner due to comments about race, gender, etc. Not saying that isn't the right play. But when it comes to intimidation, bullying, and fisticuffs well... it happens all the time so that must make it ok. What does this say to all of the kids who see it and go to the playground. Sheesh.
Silver is worried exclusively about the product and nothing more. Right now, bad comments from an owner can alienate fans, but fans also openly enjoy things like fisticuffs, so bad owners have to be put in their place, and fisticuffs ignored, for the good of the product. If fan-base sentiment were different, then they would react differently to each, showing insensitive comments no more than passing attention and punishing fighting, but that isn't what the fans want. They want fighting and do not want racist comments, to the point that it affects the dollars they spend. I would love to see some stats and sales of Green's merch before and after the video went public. My bet is they sell more jerseys as a result.

If you think a knockout determines if a punch was powerful or not then you are clueless. A 6 year could knock you out if they hit you in the right spot. Knockouts dont happen due to power, they happen due to location.

no question the force of a strike is just as important as the location smh. could a weak strike cause a knock out in the exact locaton sure, and it happens so rarely I am guessing you be the one throwing darts in the dark here. Regardless he didn't hit him hard enough to bruise him, and he was not knocked out either, so despite your take having some valid points thinking somebody is "clueless" to say power of a strike is meangless is calling yourself clueless lol
I would rather strike the wrong spot in your world 50 times and leave you bludgeoned but fully awake as opposed to knock you out with a cupcake strike to a special place lol

The good news is that we can step up efforts to protect the players from a 6 year old touching them during a side-out courtside, because the distance between being touched by little Timmy and a fan throwing beer on them or assaulting them is like razor thin. But getting punched in the face, I mean, they're like brothers, man. It's pretty much like a pat on the ***. It's part of the job description and another day at work. lololol. Just keep those 6 year olds from touching players. It's literally violence!

Frankly so does the league. They have to cater to the testosterone crowd, as their primary fan-base, so they want it to quietly go away. I am sure the league only cares about the leak, not the act nor the punishment. And frankly, I think there are a lot of fans that will be watching this with their friends just laughing as if it were a "got'eem" moment, as it represent the raw masculinity many want to see in the NBA, part of the same zeitgeist that feeds the popularity of the "playground" **** going on with all-star games and such. That is what the fans buying merch and paying for TV packages largely want to see. I guarantee that any of the W's fans who want a punishment are greatly in the minority. These fans want everything to be MMA, because it is the macho thing. I even see it at the rec center and good hell at church ball on Saturday mornings. This is the type of behavior emulated especially by the younger crowd, up to 30-somethings, I play with from time to time. Get in your face basketball is what fans want to see. This will be brushed under the rug, not just by the W's, but by the league and within the first 3 games of the season will be nothing more than an afterthought.
The Warriors want to make this a Warriors internal team issue and the league does as well. Bad news that the video got out but no way does the league want to get involved every time there is a blow up at a practice. This was over the top but once you enter this space it is very hard to draw the line.

The good news is that we can step up efforts to protect the players from a 6 year old touching them during a side-out courtside, because the distance between being touched by little Timmy and a fan throwing beer on them or assaulting them is like razor thin. But getting punched in the face, I mean, they're like brothers, man. It's pretty much like a pat on the ***. It's part of the job description and another day at work. lololol. Just keep those 6 year olds from touching players. It's literally violence!
Precisely. The double standard on issues are silly. Either have a moral compass or don't. But picking and choosing is the balls.

The Warriors want to make this a Warriors internal team issue and the league does as well. Bad news that the video got out but no way does the league want to get involved every time there is a blow up at a practice. This was over the top but once you enter this space it is very hard to draw the line.
Bullying is not tolerated in schools, but on the warriors... the nba shouldn't draw a line?

Bullying is not tolerated in schools, but on the warriors... the nba shouldn't draw a line?
Not saying they shouldn't but saying I dont think they want to. If the league gets involved in what goes on in practice do they now get involved with a shoving match or players yelling at each other? That may be forced into it because of the video but I doubt they want to. As for bullying, should the league have gone after him for the way he has publicly gone after Rudy? Lots of folks categorize that as bullying.

What is this troll post? Draymond weighs like 200 a hulk of a man

And Dray stood over top of him about to throw a few more if dudes didn't step in. Poole did nothing wrong... simply pushed to get some space... also is clearly looking away with Green hit him. Some will say you gotta square up but this was a sucker punch.

Dray has gotten a pass at so much toxic BS... I hope this helps shed some light on who he is and hurts his "new media" career.

I could also see this being what gets him shipped out of GS a year early.

Maybe to you it’s nothing but Poole put his hands on him and initiated engagement which to many is a no no.

The problem with letting this situation slide with no consequence is that it enables some potential problematic behaviors:

1. Enables and allows potential bullying:
eg. If this were some Asian player and one of the core team members gets in his grill and throws down some Asian slurs... after being pushed back the Asian player gets a cross to the face. They would expect to keep everything in house and handle it privately... which means the Asian dude needs to keep silent or is going against team harmony.
2. Sends the message to kids that this behavior is normal
eg. Is this the type of behavior you want your kids to copy from NBA players?
3. What are other activities which would be considered a crime under normal circumstances need to be kept in house and handled internally?
If they are going to allow this as normal, the probability increases that worse illegal activities have been condoned and kept in house. (where there is smoke there is fire)
4. People get desensitized to this type of behavior and consider it normal.

Maybe to you it’s nothing but Poole put his hands on him and initiated engagement which to many is a no no.
Jebus… watch the video… zero people in the gym thought a punch was coming… zero. Green put his chest and face all in Pooles business and was doing 100% of the aggression.

I want to revisit my Sprewell joke in a serious context. What’s changed between then and now? Sprewell got a year suspension (by the league I think) for choking Carlesimo. We obviously don’t have a video from that, but why wasn’t that brushed under the rug? Because Carlesimo was a coach and not a player? If you’re fellow players it’s all good? What if Draymond punched Steve Kerr? Is that still as kosher? Why is it more okay for him to punch Poole? We’re going through some mental gymnastics to say who it is and isn’t okay for other guys to punch.

If Poole can get punched, Carlesimo can get choked.

I want to revisit my Sprewell joke in a serious context. What’s changed between then and now? Sprewell got a year suspension (by the league I think) for choking Carlesimo. We obviously don’t have a video from that, but why wasn’t that brushed under the rug? Because Carlesimo was a coach and not a player? If you’re fellow players it’s all good? What if Draymond punched Steve Kerr? Is that still as kosher? Why is it more okay for him to punch Poole? We’re going through some mental gymnastics to say who it is and isn’t okay for other guys to punch.

If Poole can get punched, Carlesimo can get choked.
Because David Stern. Not sure if that was internal or league mandated. Either way Stern would have brought down the hammer if Warrriors didn't

This team also thinks they can win a title. Its just hilarious to me the amount of back tracking they are going to have to do. They said no suspension like 12 hours too early...

Jebus… watch the video… zero people in the gym thought a punch was coming… zero. Green put his chest and face all in Pooles business and was doing 100% of the aggression.

I watched the video. Yes, Green is very aggressive. But Poole pushes him. That’s all. Not sure either are right or wrong. From everything I’ve read, Poole has been obnoxious all training camp to Green, talking trash, his personality having changed from last season. Not saying that’s a bad thing. Green’s a huge trash talker. And maybe Poole is trying to get the best out of him. But from what I’ve read, this has been building for weeks because Poole has just not shut up.

Not saying they shouldn't but saying I dont think they want to. If the league gets involved in what goes on in practice do they now get involved with a shoving match or players yelling at each other? That may be forced into it because of the video but I doubt they want to. As for bullying, should the league have gone after him for the way he has publicly gone after Rudy? Lots of folks categorize that as bullying.
Taunting Rudy and that blow on Jordan Poole's face clearly fall in different categories. And, yeah, if a player crosses a line in their taunting then it should be managed by the league. If Draymond had made it about France then they would have addressed it like they did when Linsanity was subject to racial comments.

Either have a moral compass and abide by it or don't.