What's new

Our chances of acquiring OJ Mayo just fell to zero

So why would we have considered him in the first place, considering he couldn't get off the bench in what, Memphis? Yikes.

I got neg-repped (of course unsigned, coward) because apparently Mayo plays 48 minutes per game or something.

HOW MANY MINUTES IS HE PLAYING ON SUSPENSION, HUH SMART ***?

And you gotta love neg-reps like this:

He plays a lot of minutes. You are uniformed.

I rarely if ever wear a uniform, thank you very much.

Last edited:
You all said the same things about Beasley (yes, I was watching) and I KNEW he'd end up being a star once he got out of Miami into a better system that complemented his playing ability. The fact is he (Mayo) can flat-out shoot if he has his head on right. He's young and, oh yeah, playing in MEMPHIS, the absolute worst city for crime. He'd be alright in Utah. It's just too bad the FO doesn't take risks with this franchise. That's the beauty of life, you can (and should) take risks. You won't win 'em all, but they're worth taking. Hell, it gives us Utah fans something to talk about for once.

Beasley's a star? When did this happen?

don't want this guy

Doing drugs, getting in fights with teammates over a gambling debt. What a mess Mayo is...he wouldn't give a **** on our team.

Good news.Lets put na end to all these stupid OJ Mayo threads once and for all.

The guy was never was and never is the solution at SG. He isnt even as good as Wes at this point.

Beasley's a star? When did this happen?

Okay, so he isn't a STAR just yet, but the potential is there. He's averaging over 20 points on 47% shooting (damn near 42% from three) and I say that's a pretty good line. His rebounding totals aren't where he'd like them to be but what do you expect, he's next to Kevin Love. Dude's a beast.

Honz said it best; the real OJ Mayo is Eric Gordon. Damn, that dude is about perfect. I never thought I'd envy the Clippers.

Okay, so he isn't a STAR just yet, but the potential is there. He's averaging over 20 points on 47% shooting (damn near 42% from three) and I say that's a pretty good line. His rebounding totals aren't where he'd like them to be but what do you expect, he's next to Kevin Love. Dude's a beast.

No Beasley is just a bad rebounder. He is a tweener like Millsap and will always be a liability at the 4. To Millsap's credit, he at least works his tail off and gets a respectable 7.7
I'm not saying Beasley hasn't improved, but he will never be a star at PF, it would have to come as a SF.

Why is it that every time a pro athlete tests positive for steroids it's an over the counter suplement. I'm sure LOL!

You do realize that DHEA is not a controlled substance and you can buy it at GNC, right? In addition, there are a number of legal "performance assisting" supplements on the market that contain a propietary blend of substances, some of which include DHEA.

Honz said it best; the real OJ Mayo is Eric Gordon. Damn, that dude is about perfect. I never thought I'd envy the Clippers.

Perfect? Far from it. He's an undersized (6'3") shooting guard who's not that athletic (average really by NBA standards) and is shooting 46.8% (solid) overall but only 35.9% from downtown. Hell Kirilenko's almost shooting better from three at 35.5%.

Personally, I like Gordon but I think a lot of his attraction is his smooth style of play and stroke.