What's new

P2P Meth Use Causes Mental Illness

This stuff isn’t hard to find.

I think it would be cool if you just admit that you were pontificating... and, in the midst of doing so, grabbed at a comparison that felt right... but without doing any of the legwork to see if it was a valid comparison.
Or... I'll just admit I am fine with the data I've found and admit you have crappy data and just like to attempt to bring people down because it makes you feel better about yourself and your faulty reasoning.
Wow we are like twins. It's amazing we never got together to hang out.
Have a nice weekend. Go Jazz.

Or... I'll just admit I am fine with the data I've found and admit you have crappy data and just like to attempt to bring people down because it makes you feel better about yourself and your faulty reasoning.
Wow we are like twins. It's amazing we never got together to hang out.
Have a nice weekend. Go Jazz.
I’m very well-informed about the history of drug prohibition. I taught a class at a R1 university on this subject for 5 years.

Toootalloo, m’dear

The wart on drugs, a war the united states fought against itself. Who won? *Nobody. Who lost? The United States.

*okay, just kidding, racists won.
Glad you are back bro.

I’m very well-informed about the history of drug prohibition. I taught a class at a R1 university on this subject for 5 years.

Toootalloo, m’dear
Lol... thanks for reminding me of the stuffed shirt ego maniac teachers that were the worst, and taught terrible classes. I'm sure you know the type, you see them every day.
Just because you taught a class doesn't mean jack. It means you have an opinion that you have a place of perceived authority to force it on someone if you want to. You seem to be the type to want to forcefully convince others of your genius.

If you have something other than "I'm smart, you're dumb" to say I'll listen. If you're just going to be your same dismissive rude self, then props to you for being another internet tough guy. Yay you.

Lol... thanks for reminding me of the stuffed shirt ego maniac teachers that were the worst, and taught terrible classes. I'm sure you know the type, you see them every day.
Just because you taught a class doesn't mean jack. It means you have an opinion that you have a place of perceived authority to force it on someone if you want to. You seem to be the type to want to forcefully convince others of your genius.

If you have something other than "I'm smart, you're dumb" to say I'll listen. If you're just going to be your same dismissive rude self, then props to you for being another internet tough guy. Yay you.
You’re such a tool. R1 means it was a research institution. My **** was all peer reviewed. I know you think institutional checks don’t really matter because it’s all “opinion” ... but that’s just because you’ve swallowed the right-wing political agenda whole.

Also, get used to the idea that you’re super predictable in one sense: you’re going to side with patriarchal political structures. You’ve always have been that guy. Then you reach for metaphors to justify your take. This is just the latest example of this.

The comparison between guns and drugs is just so laughably bad by any real-world, evidence-based metric. Glad you got your theories, doe.

This may help: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence

You’re such a tool. R1 means it was a research institution. My **** was all peer reviewed. I know you think institutional checks don’t really matter because it’s all “opinion” ... but that’s just because you’ve swallowed the right-wing political agenda whole.

Also, get used to the idea that you’re super predictable in one sense: you’re going to side with patriarchal political structures. You’ve always have been that guy. Then you reach for metaphors to justify your take. This is just the latest example of this.

The comparison between guns and drugs is just so laughably bad by any real-world, evidence-based metric. Glad you got your theories, doe.

This may help: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence
You are also super predictable. Someone asks you for a why and you don't answer with anything real, you just prick. But hey, pricks are going to prick.
I can see it now, 20 of your best doppelgangers signed off on your stuff. Yea, I've spent enough time at P1 schools and seen the kinds of "stuff" that can get through and I've seen enough of your rage against the "insert whatever here" types that I wonder if you sometimes forget why you started raging in the first place.

Too bad our internet accounts despise one another's posts, but I think you despise anyone that doesn't agree with you. Disdain drips off of your posts. I guess it comes with being peer reviewed?
I'd like to get a few dad jokes peer reviewed. What's the process? Do I post it here in the joke thread and get enough likes? It's not P1, but maybe jazzfanz could qualify for P3?

PS, you really don't know my political stance because I've not said much of where I actually stand, and because you suck at listening. Basically you know nothing other than that you are awesome and smart and people that don't agree with you are morons and bigots or one of the other buzzwords you like to throw at people to try to belittle. Toodles mmmkay blablabla

"Yay drugs
Boo guns
Real world" - FS

Ok, I'm really done. Have a nice weekend. Thanks for the laughs and the incredible insights. I'll just hang up and listen.

You are also super predictable. Someone asks you for a why and you don't answer with anything real, you just prick. But hey, pricks are going to prick.
I can see it now, 20 of your best doppelgangers signed off on your stuff. Yea, I've spent enough time at P1 schools and seen the kinds of "stuff" that can get through and I've seen enough of your rage against the "insert whatever here" types that I wonder if you sometimes forget why you started raging in the first place.

Too bad our internet accounts despise one another's posts, but I think you despise anyone that doesn't agree with you. Disdain drips off of your posts. I guess it comes with being peer reviewed?
I'd like to get a few dad jokes peer reviewed. What's the process? Do I post it here in the joke thread and get enough likes? It's not P1, but maybe jazzfanz could qualify for P3?

PS, you really don't know my political stance because I've not said much of where I actually stand, and because you suck at listening. Basically you know nothing other than that you are awesome and smart and people that don't agree with you are morons and bigots or one of the other buzzwords you like to throw at people to try to belittle. Toodles mmmkay blablabla

"Yay drugs
Boo guns
Real world" - FS

Ok, I'm really done. Have a nice weekend. Thanks for the laughs and the incredible insights. I'll just hang up and listen.
Sorry you got called out for making some bad deductions.

It’s sad that you’re the kind of dude who digs his heels in when you’re called out like this.

Your political stances are pretty easy to surmise, given the length of time I’ve been exposed to them. Patriarchal, to the bone.

Sorry you got called out for making some bad deductions.

It’s sad that you’re the kind of dude who digs his heels in when you’re called out like this.

Your political stances are pretty easy to surmise, given the length of time I’ve been exposed to them. Patriarchal, to the bone.
Called out? You said nothing other than “ur dumb, I’m smart”. Pretty typical anti religion “patriarchal blablabla” stuff from you. Anti religion to the bone.

Called out? You said nothing other than “ur dumb, I’m smart”. Pretty typical anti religion “patriarchal blablabla” stuff from you. Anti religion to the bone.
Yeah, religion is dumb. Plenty of evidence for that. I have no problem being an atheist and letting people know about it. It’s really not clear how any of this applies to this interaction, though. Or why you think you’re striking back and landing some kind of blow with that comment.

Go back and look at our initial posts. You overreacted, imo. I posed a legit question. In a room full of adults you shouldn’t expect to say what you said without getting some pushback.

Last edited:
Yeah, religion is dumb. Plenty of evidence for that. I have no problem being an atheist and letting people know about it. It’s really not clear how any of this applies to this interaction, though. Or why you think you’re striking back and landing some kind of blow with that comment.

Go back and look at our initial posts. You overreacted, imo. I posed a legit question. In a room full of adults you shouldn’t expect to say what you said without getting some pushback.
Oh was that a real question from you? You asked it so smoothly that it looked more like your usual undercurrent of tear downs instead of an attempt at real conversation. I can practically see the sneer on your face as you type it. If you can’t even bother with my rant, why would I bother with your fake question.

As to the religion/atheist point, it was brought up by you. Your patriarchal comments are clearly about religion and religious organization at the core.

I don’t care about respectful pushback, it’s your rudeness that inspires me to mirror you from time to time.

I’ve spent as much time on the weakness of my theory as you have on its validity, in this thread.

Oh was that a real question from you? You asked it so smoothly that it looked more like your usual undercurrent of tear downs instead of an attempt at real conversation. I can practically see the sneer on your face as you type it. If you can’t even bother with my rant, why would I bother with your fake question.

As to the religion/atheist point, it was brought up by you. Your patriarchal comments are clearly about religion and religious organization at the core.

I don’t care about respectful pushback, it’s your rudeness that inspires me to mirror you from time to time.

I’ve spent as much time on the weakness of my theory as you have on its validity, in this thread.
Your powers of projection are astounding.
And, my goodness, you’re so defensive!

To give a real answer to this because you need to go back and look at my initial post, I said I was interested in peoples take on a few thoughts. You clearly didn't give me your take in any of your responses. I think in a room full of adults someone would give an answer at some point rather than avoid, dismiss, rinse, repeat. I didn't see any actual pushback with substance.

As are yours. From one sentence you already know everything there is to know about me, to the bone. Right?
I am defensive with offensive people. Sue me.
You’ve almost thrown out enough distraction at this point to disguise the fact that you said something without any real-world tractability and is morally questionable, got caught doing so, and then started defensively posturing instead of owning up to what you’d done. Congrats?

Last edited:
Here is a rant, not necessarily directed at you Al, but this comment let to me posting.

So what percentage of this explosion is blamed on the individuals?

It's so easy and lazy to blame all the stupid things people do on Ronald Reagan or "the war on drugs".

I'm not sure what you and some of the other posters full stance on things are, but I've been wondering this below.

Why is it ok to fight to keep automatic guns out of people's hands but not ok to fight to keep certain drugs out of people's hands?
If the argument is that drugs only hurt the person using them but guns don't, then you need to be a little more honest with yourself.
In my opinion it should be the same stance for both topics. Either let people have what they want and do what they want or don't, but stop using a freedom argument for one and not the other.
Here’s where you started. Clearly you can’t be accused of taking any shots at anyone in this post (eye roll). I really love the call for more intellectual honesty, too.

Let’s see you exercise some of the same intellectual honesty: what are the limitations of comparing restrictions on guns and prohibitions on drugs? You make that analogy so smoothly...
Yeah, this is clearly enough to send someone spiraling. Lmao.