What's new

Pacquiao v. Bradley

asian_roger

One of the main reasons why nobody watches boxing anymore.

Pacquiao landed 253 total punches to Bradley's 159. In power punches, Pacquiao outlands Bradley 190-108.

Bradley wins. His reaction: "i'm going to have to watch tape again to see if I really won".

HAHA. I think we all know Pac-man owned him for at least 9 rounds. Obviously, someone made BANK from betting on the underdog and the judges are laughing with them.

Discuss.

watched the fight with my friends last night. Although I was about 6 or 7 beers in by the time the frickin fight started, I was shocked when they gave the fight to Bradley. While Bradley might have stolen a couple rounds with late flurries, I can't think of any facet of the fight where Pac-Man didn't dominate - punches landed, jabs, power punches, defense. I think Pacquiao's fatal flaw is he thought he would knock Bradley out and spent parts of rounds trying to measure Bradley while Bradley stayed active - even though Bradley missed on most of his punhces

This was a worse decision than Lewis-Holyfied I; but sad to say as somewhat of a boxing fan, this still isn't the worst decision I've ever seen.

Last edited:
HAHA. I think we all know Pac-man owned him for at least 9 rounds. Obviously, someone made BANK from betting on the underdog and the judges are laughing with them.

Yeah, the boxing promoters and participants for the re-match. I didn't watch it myself, probably going to go through it today, but obviously that punch count is way too lopsided for Bradley to be winning by decision. In other news, the Boston Celtics won last night because Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Breen say so.

Bradley had to come to the press conference in a wheel chair. He lost 10 founds Imo. That was Pac Man was robbed.

i think it was rigged. bradley already knew the rematch date (nov. 10th?) seconds after winning the questionable decision. it was bizarre. i watched it for free at my friends house cuz his dad is a big boxing fan and gambler. he bet on bradley so he was happy then a couple of my friends who bet on the fight got into a fist fight because the one who bet on pacquiao refused to pay. i tried to break it up but then one of my other friends pulled me back because he wanted to see them go at it. it turned into a pretty bloody mess and my friends dad ended up kicking all of us out of his basement. i couldnt believe it.

i think it was rigged. bradley already knew the rematch date (nov. 10th?) seconds after winning the questionable decision. it was bizarre.

Mandatory rematch clauses are built into most championship fights. I'm pretty sure that date was already in the contract. If there is a fix, I doubt Bradley was in on it.

Bradley was overheard right after the fight and before the decision was announced that he thought Pac-Man won the fight.

The Pacman did indeed win this fight. Bradley had NO answer for that straight left. Even when Bradley did land a power punch it didn't even move Pacquiao. Pacquiao was robbed. But I really lay the blame at Pacquiaos feet. He coasted during the first 2 minutes or so of each round then turned it on int he last minute. He he had fought each round for the entire round Bradley would have been decimated.

Pacquiao was robbed but maybe he will show up for the whole fight next time.

So I'm thinking there's one of three options going on here right now:

1) The fix was in.
2) They're using the controversy as a way to help bring more attention to a dying sport.
3) They're just really freaking dumb.

I'm diggin that Nov re-match date though if it happens. That's the perfect time to be in Vegas. Probably be about 75 degrees...the tourist/convention rush doesn't hit until Jan. I might have to go there for 3 or 4 days. I miss that place every once in awhile.

Worst decision since Dela Hoya vs Trinidad another black mark on boxing. They need to go back to fifteen round championship fights

From my Damn phone

One of the main reasons why nobody watches boxing anymore.

Pacquiao landed 253 total punches to Bradley's 159. In power punches, Pacquiao outlands Bradley 190-108.

Bradley wins. His reaction: "i'm going to have to watch tape again to see if I really won".

Discuss.

Exactly. I stopped watching it years ago just for this reason. I didn't watch the fight, but it appears everyone thought that Pacquiao was the clear winner. I will continue to not watch boxing until there is a day when the sport is a lot cleaner in terms of corruption.

So I'm thinking there's one of three options going on here right now:

1) The fix was in.
2) They're using the controversy as a way to help bring more attention to a dying sport.
3) They're just really freaking dumb.

1) Hard to argue this. When it was pretty much the consensus of anyone who knows anything about boxing. Hell Bradley just about fell over when they announced he won.
2) Good. Boxing needs to die in it's current form. MMA > boxing. People need to stop buying the PPV so it will just die more quickly.
3) Terribly old fashion to a fault. 70 year old judges who are half asleep through the fights are deciding the outcome?

Worst decision since Dela Hoya vs Trinidad another black mark on boxing. They need to go back to fifteen round championship fights

From my Damn phone

The decision wasn't as bad as the fight. What a waste of time watching De La Hoya avoid Trinidad for round after round.

ESPN is even calling boxing out. It's not every day the sports industry is frank about a blown decision.