What's new

Parsons > Hayward

LOL .. are you basing this off this one game???? Hayward would look like Kobe if he was playing next to Dirk, Chandler, and Ellis.

Hayward is a better ball handler, passer and facilitator. Probably also a better defender and rebounder. He has a higher IQ overall.

You can actually tell when Parsons is on the court. Too often Hayward is a ghost out there. Who makes the biggest impact. Not just stat stuffing in meaningless time?

Hayward is a better ball handler, passer and facilitator. Probably also a better defender and rebounder. He has a higher IQ overall.

Really?
-
Not ready to make those claims, but let's not be silly. We re-signed Gordo because we could. ANY OTHER PLAYER WHO WAS UFA, not coming here during rebuild. Hell, even if we're much improved and in the playoffs, still a tough sell. I really think memoismoney is the only poster who believes we can sign Lebron, because SLC is nice for families. Everybody likes families, right?

You can actually tell when Parsons is on the court. Too often Hayward is a ghost out there. Who makes the biggest impact. Not just stat stuffing in meaningless time?

Really? I'm pretty sure that Parsons was just as big of a ghost out there tonight with the exception of "meaningless" time. He sure did stuff those stats when they were up by 30! I'm sure Parsons would shine and be a game changer, if only he didn't have to be 4th option behind Dirk, Monta, and Tyson Chandler

Gordon > Justin Timberlake for the Jazz.

Proof enough for me.

6a00d8341c730253ef013485584303970c-300wi

Last edited:
I'd say they're very close. They have similar size and athletic ability. Parsons is a better offensive player, Hayward a better defender.

They are pretty even as players to me

One can shoot.

The other cannot.

One is signed as a role player.

One is signed as a max player.

This team needs shot makers, not "facilitators." What the hell does it matter if hayward can "create offense" when defenders don't have to respect his outside shot? It's AK47 all over again from the hayward deepthroaters.

parson is more valuable to more teams because of his versatility. overall hayward is better. but nba is changing. it's better to be good at 1 thing than be average at everything.

Lol. You can take the better "IQ" guy. I'll take the player who scores more points, makes less turnovers, shoots a higher % and doesn't disappear in games.

One can shoot.

The other cannot.

One is signed as a role player.

One is signed as a max player.

This team needs shot makers, not "facilitators." What the hell does it matter if hayward can "create offense" when defenders don't have to respect his outside shot? It's AK47 all over again from the hayward deepthroaters.

Both are MAX players man. Both are better as 2nd or 3rd options... one of them gets to play that role. The other is going to have a bigger role.

Also, Chandler is a world class douche...

I'm going to go out on a limb, but I think Lebron James is better than Gordon Hayward.

I wouldn't consider that going out on a limb ;)

I really doubt Hayward will handle the pressure to be a max player.

He was playing well in the preseason because the intensity was low...when the game begins to be tough and he has to lead the team offensively, he disappears...

Last edited: