What's new

Paschall traded to the Jazz

So I’ve mentioned needing to have a Royce replacement in case he gets injured. Does he figure into this? Can he play D and start for a few minutes in Royce’s spot?
He at least has the attribute of being a little heavy in the shorts. We lack this. I have no idea how good he is or can be as a defender, but I’m sure he knows his future depends on this.

Paschall is not a good defender or rebounder. He needs strong improvement on that end to be a reliable 4/5 option.

He at least has the attribute of being a little heavy in the shorts. We lack this. I have no idea how good he is or can be as a defender, but I’m sure he knows his future depends on this.
Straight up; a front court of Paschall and Gay in a small-ball lineup should work pretty well as long as neither of them just suck. Small-ball “bigs” that make less sense on paper have done pretty well.

I’m speaking mostly about the defense, here. If Paschall can just get to a decent percentage on open catch and shoot 3s he can be really useful. I think.

Wow, people are still complaining about this. We lost the Clippers series over small ball. We can now play Gay and/or Eric to counter that. Pretty easy to understand

Straight up; a front court of Paschall and Gay in a small-ball lineup should work pretty well as long as neither of them just suck. Small-ball “bigs” that make less sense on paper have done pretty well.
Yup. I think we can do some lineups similar to what ATL did last year with Collins and Galinari at the 4 and 5. Our version of Gay + Paschall should have enough mobility/versatility. And if Paschall is more of a slasher, then we should have spaced the floor well enough for him.

Or, Q will be determined to have Dok or Whiteside out there. Dunno. But I think the Paschall acquisition might signal a desire by the FO to develop some different schemas. I ****ing hope so.

We have 10 actual nba players now, and that’s not even counting Butler and Forrest. It’s becoming a bit overwhelming. Let’s hope it all works out better than the summer of Mudiay/Green/Davis.

I was skeptical on the Whiteside addition.

I'm more skeptical on the Whiteside addition now that we got the Paschall guy I like.

Is that not a fair assessment or do we have to throw shade at everybody for anything?
The thing is, they are all low salary players filling the end of the bench. The best player can get the minutes- having high quality options is a coaches dream. If Rudy is hurt for 10 games or so, we can still be favored in most of the games and still play our desired sets and the same goes for any of the starters now except maybe DM.

Does anyone smell a Dok trade coming?
Someone would have to want him first. I don’t know why anyone would and that’s honestly not meant as an insult; he has done nothing and backup centers with experience are a dime a dozen.

The thing is, they are all low salary players filling the end of the bench. The best player can get the minutes- having high quality options is a coaches dream. If Rudy is hurt for 10 games or so, we can still be favored in most of the games and still play our desired sets and the same goes for any of the starters now except maybe DM.
I agree.

I just want more perimeter defenders.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

This acquisition makes the Niang departure easier to understand. For me, at least.

I'm sure JZ added protection to that 2nd for the sole purpose of trolling DL lololololol
Don't know for sure, but as it's a Memphis pick, I think the greater likelihood is that Memphis put the protection on originally.

This move makes me chuckle, remembering a conversation between Eric and Donovan. Eric telling Donovan 'he needs to get out more' out of utah? lol

My brother the Warriors fan likes Paschall, and thinks this is a great move by the Jazz. He obviously has a tendency to value Warriors guys high, but I usually rate his evaluations, so that's something, I guess.

Don't know for sure, but as it's a Memphis pick, I think the greater likelihood is that Memphis put the protection on originally.
DL really should've added protections to those 2nd rounders last summer as well

Other than being friends with Mitchell, I'm not sure what this guy brings to the table. Maybe a double helping of gravy?

Looks like he needs to lose 30lbs and play SF to me. I don't expect him to touch the floor outside of blowouts. Maybe not even then.

I checked the realgm future draft picks thing, withoug seeing a 2026 2nd rounder for the Jazz. Which trade is this from?

I’m speaking mostly about the defense, here. If Paschall can just get to a decent percentage on open catch and shoot 3s he can be really useful. I think.

Problem is that Paschall does suck, especially on defense. He's a young player with physical attributes so he can always improve, but I don't think anyone should have delusions that we aren't starting at square one with him defensively. His redeeming quality as a player is his ability to score, particular in the mid range, but the metrics suggest that his scoring output is a lot of empty calories.

He cost essentially nothing, so no big deal, but he's definitely a player who needs a lot of work to establish himself as an NBA player.