What's new

Paschall traded to the Jazz

Can Paschall guard LeBron, Leonard, George etc?
Maybe for brief periods
Thinking maybe his size, strength, weight etc might wear down these guys

Never mind the Kuzma comp, the more i watch Paschall's game, the more i think of the Morris twins.

Paschall is way ahead of them both through their age 24 season. Though Markieff made his jump at age 25 and became a legit starter, whereas Marcus didn't do anything until he's 26.

Here's a clip of him going head to head with Marcus Morris.

Paschall is a guy who can put the ball down and go make a play for himself or a teammate. I think this is what we've been wanting to see consistently from Brantley.

10 deep which will be great in case of injury and playoffs. Nice to get something out of the Tony Bradley trade and nice to have depth that doesn't count on players who have little or no NBA experience.

Im curious how much of an influence Quin has had this off-season. DL probably just let Quin find out on twitter whenever something happened.
It's hard to know exactly how things are different, but I think it's safe the say the new sheriff is running things a bit differently.

Our bench got exposed in that Clippers series though, we also blew a lot of big leads.
Right. It's because we had no depth beyond the rotation and suffered injuries. That lack of depth also meant the Jazz had no counters.

Maybe this is an argument of semantics to some, but I see a huge functional difference between 2nd unit players and non-rotation players.

Right. It's because we had no depth beyond the rotation and suffered injuries. That lack of depth also meant the Jazz had no counters.

Maybe this is an argument of semantics to some, but I see a huge functional difference between 2nd unit players and non-rotation players.
I agree and would add that we got beat in part because a rotation player had a career night and other bench players played extremely well in the 2nd half. Multiple things came together for the Clips that night.

Here's an interesting discussion about why Paschall regressed for the Warriors last year:

One of the takeaways is that he does best in P&R and isolation situations. With Draymond and Steph back last year, neither of those two types of plays is prominent for Warriors. Maybe it will be better for Jazz?

Also thought it was interesting just poking around how many pre-draft prognosticators thought of him as a versatile, capable, energetic (if still imperfect) defender. Warriors were excellent on defense last year, so I'm not entirely sure why the defense seems to have stagnated/regressed for him.