What's new

Paul George and Kawhi to the Clippers

I don't have the link but I heard it on a podcast from checketts or locke on jazz can't remember but he was a huge turd about it didn't want our jazz personnel to stay in the city he was in over night .

It was probably Checketts. I remember Checketts was supremely p****d off after the whole Haywood debacle and rightfully so. The dude was an ***hat to the entire organization in how he handled things.

Lol at you who think Lakers are top 3 team. If they stay healthy they will be battling for 6-8 seeds with 7 other teams. Jazz, Clippers, Denver, Portland and Houston are clear top 5. If Klay comes back for playoffs GSW becomes real danger. I think Lakers may sneak into playoffs as 7-8 seed at best.

Lol at you who think Lakers are top 3 team. If they stay healthy they will be battling for 6-8 seeds with 7 other teams. Jazz, Clippers, Denver, Portland and Houston are clear top 5. If Klay comes back for playoffs GSW becomes real danger. I think Lakers may sneak into playoffs as 7-8 seed at best.

I think Utah gets in as a 1-2 seed. Here's the thing: Utah is built both for a regular season grind and playoff basketball. Utah has superlative depth at every position and can withstand some load management and injuries during the regular season. Bogey is the key here because after Dipo went down, he went off for 22/4/2 on 52/43/77. Granted, he got knackered in the playoffs, but that was because he was carrying the team and got zoned in on. Utah has so much firepower at this point that opposing teams can't do that unless everything breaks down. Green only helps here as well.

Utah has options 1 through 5 on the floor now with Conley, Donovan, Ingles, Bogey, and Gobert (PnR, etc.). Add Mudiay, Green, Royce, and Niang (think he'll see a step up in production). We're ready to go.

As far as the Lakers, I'm absolutely not sold on their depth. They're a LBJ or Davis injury away from the lottery. Even as good as they are, it's a bit too shallow for my liking.

I seriously doubt he wants to be known as the megastar who could not win a title in LA. Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe... real stars who could get it done unlike runner up LBJ?

I believe he cares a LOT about basketball in LA.

Insane things ppl say on basketball message boards; "Lebron doesnt give 2 ***** about basketball" LMAO... WHAT?!?!?

Yes, he doesn’t want to be thought of as the MEGA star to not bring a ring to LA, and yes he cares, I get it, but coming to LA was also about business and many other things. While he put up great stats, his body broke down and was lazy on the court unlike any other year for LBJ. Not only is he focused on basketball, but his focus is in other things as well.

Coming to LA was not all about basketball, and while he thinks he’s putting all his energy into basketball, he’s not. And it shows. Who would’ve ever thought he would pull a hamstring?

Then there’s this.

LBJ was lazy as hell, he played even less defense than he has in the past couple years. It’s well documented that he isn’t the defender he once was, but last year was a whole new level beyond that.

He’s still committed to basketball, but he didn’t come to LA just for basketball, it’s like getting a girl on the side, along with your wife. As hard as one might try, you can’t be as committed to your wife if you have a girl on the side, no matter how hard you try.

I think Utah gets in as a 1-2 seed. Here's the thing: Utah is built both for a regular season grind and playoff basketball. Utah has superlative depth at every position and can withstand some load management and injuries during the regular season. Bogey is the key here because after Dipo went down, he went off for 22/4/2 on 52/43/77. Granted, he got knackered in the playoffs, but that was because he was carrying the team and got zoned in on. Utah has so much firepower at this point that opposing teams can't do that unless everything breaks down. Green only helps here as well.

Utah has options 1 through 5 on the floor now with Conley, Donovan, Ingles, Bogey, and Gobert (PnR, etc.). Add Mudiay, Green, Royce, and Niang (think he'll see a step up in production). We're ready to go.

As far as the Lakers, I'm absolutely not sold on their depth. They're a LBJ or Davis injury away from the lottery. Even as good as they are, it's a bit too shallow for my liking.
I’m hopeful that we get improvement from Royce and Niang this year as well. I personally think that Royce looked really solid at the end of the year and Niang looked a lot stronger than he was as a rookie. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them both end up competing for solid minutes to replace Favors/Crowder in the rotation. Think Davis is more of a C. Don’t think we’ll see much of him at all at the 4 this year.

After contemplating this and the Green signing, I’m officially worried. They aren’t a “super” team, but they might actually be as good as one considering their ability to overpower the opposition on the wing (and downshifting as dual-forwards when needed) and their defensive potential. They’re a super switchable team with two guys that can get their own shot better than almost anyone and if in a rhythm are a threat to hit from anywhere. They’re kind of a matchup nightmare for the Jazz (we’re gonna roll out a small SG that will be forced to matchup against a player big enough to play PF full-time and athletic enough to guard PGs), so that isn’t cool. One would hope they downshift to close the game as that would be more preferable on matchups for the Jazz’s projected closers.

After contemplating this and the Green signing, I’m officially worried. They aren’t a “super” team, but they might actually be as good as one considering their ability to overpower the opposition on the wing (and downshifting as dual-forwards when needed) and their defensive potential. They’re a super switchable team with two guys that can get their own shot better than almost anyone and if in a rhythm are a threat to hit from anywhere. They’re kind of a matchup nightmare for the Jazz (we’re gonna roll out a small SG that will be forced to matchup against a player big enough to play PF full-time and athletic enough to guard PGs), so that isn’t cool. One would hope they downshift to close the game as that would be more preferable on matchups for the Jazz’s projected closers.

Come on injuries

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

we’re gonna roll out a small SG that will be forced to matchup against a player big enough to play PF full-time and athletic enough to guard PGs), so that isn’t cool.

Sure, but it has to be Kawhi doesn’t it? George didn’t contain DM when we beat the Thunder two years ago.

So to truly neutralize Mitchell, its Leonard. Meaning George guards Bogdonovic, which is a complex and interesting matchup.

Beverly guarding Conley is messy, but still an advantage for the Jazz. Gobert has an advantage over every Clipper in the paint, and it is not close.

So to start, the Jazz can run every set against the Clips’ best defensive lineup with a Conley/Gobert PNR that is an advantage matchup for the Jazz.

So when the Jazz roll Ingles out there, who do they leave to double Conley to get the ball out of his hands? Or who helps down low when Rudy rolls to the basket? No one. They have to play straight up man-to-man.

What this means for the Clippers is that this isn’t really a matter of neutralizing Mitchell. Their best defenders (who can guard the 1, but typically will not) will play away from the Jazz’ best offensive advantage on most sets.

Yes, he doesn’t want to be thought of as the MEGA star to not bring a ring to LA, and yes he cares, I get it, but coming to LA was also about business and many other things. While he put up great stats, his body broke down and was lazy on the court unlike any other year for LBJ. Not only is he focused on basketball, but his focus is in other things as well.

Coming to LA was not all about basketball, and while he thinks he’s putting all his energy into basketball, he’s not. And it shows. Who would’ve ever thought he would pull a hamstring?

Then there’s this.

LBJ was lazy as hell, he played even less defense than he has in the past couple years. It’s well documented that he isn’t the defender he once was, but last year was a whole new level beyond that.

He’s still committed to basketball, but he didn’t come to LA just for basketball, it’s like getting a girl on the side, along with your wife. As hard as one might try, you can’t be as committed to your wife if you have a girl on the side, no matter how hard you try.
Pre-injury when LA was the 4 seed in the west despite a broken roster, you are wrong. After the injury, you are right.

LeBron didn't coast through the season. Nobody coasts at 28 7 and 7 with that mess. The media loves to take shots at LeBron any chance they get. I wouldn't underestimate the man especially with AD, Danny Green, Kuz, and now Cousins. The Lakers will be super tough if they stay healthy.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app