What's new

Paul Pierce anyone?

KhaOZ

Would he do anything for us? Please none of the "he'd never play here" BS. Sure, you're right, everyone in the world hates Utah, but could we toss the idea around just for fun as if he would play for Utah? How would he work with our team and could we do anything with him? A great scoring SF who plays decent Defense.

And please none of the "you're an idiot for wanting him" or any other hater comments. I never said I wanted him in Utah, I just want to talk about him since he's the latest big free agent.

And furthermore. It's pretty sad that people who post on these forums so often have to give disclaimers to try and keep the trolls from attacking them. But this is the internet... lol

The Jazz could always take a stab at him. I like his game, but for the fact that the dude got wheeled off in a wheel chair one game, and then returned and played in that same game makes me cringe at the idea of having him on the Jazz.

Yeah. They get paid too much these days. Kobe getting 3 years 90 million was even more ridiculous. Top of the league player and champion or not, that's still ridiculous.

He'd never play here and you're an idiot for wanting him... There, now that that is out of the way, I think he'd be a great veteran leader that this team needs but at what cost? $90M for 4-5 years is absolutely crazy and there is no way the Jazz could afford that. Would be nice though to see what Pierce and DWill could do together.

Paul Pierce is slow, unathletic, and not a great pure shooter despite his personal best 3 point FG% this past year. I see him as redundant and a poor man's Hayward. No thanks.

I've also always thought Pierce was slow and unathletic, but he seems to be a decent player despite that. However, he is another all-star player that without additional talent around him he cannot lead a team anywhere. Before Garnet and Allen showed up the Celtics were lousy.

Still a very good scorer, great competitor and he's one of the guys who will look the Kobe's and LeBron's straight in the eye and say "You better guard me, because I'm going right at you."
That said, he's going to be woefully overpaid and on the decline and in our offense he'd be a ball-stopper.

I see him as redundant and a poor man's Hayward. No thanks.

Seriously? You really just called a former finals MVP a poor man's Hayward? We'll be lucky if Hayward is even close to as good as Pierce.

I'm definitely not saying the Jazz should even consider paying him that kind of money or that he would even come here, but it seems like he's been extremely underrated here.

Seriously? You really just called a former finals MVP a poor man's Hayward? We'll be lucky if Hayward is even close to as good as Pierce.

I'm definitely not saying the Jazz should even consider paying him that kind of money or that he would even come here, but it seems like he's been extremely underrated here.

That is what I typed onto the internet by way of my keyboard, yes.