What's new

Paul Reed signs 3 yr 24mil offer sheet with Jazz

It very clearly had to do with not liking Utah.
What made it clear? I'm assuming there is more context than that single quote.

Can't really say either way. Also he's going to say what makes the team that has him happy as it's a bit awkward to sign somewhere else and still stay on the team that wouldn't give you a contract. I wouldn't read too much into it

Yeah, I mean, if we got one of our guys back after signing with Philly and matching, would we want to hear them praising the team they signed an offer sheet for?

I get being in your feelings, but you also have to be rational

Wow, well nevermind then.

I hate so much about the media.
Lookup Gell-Mann amnesia, then think about how much of our understanding of the world around us that we take as a given is more distorted than a funhouse mirror. But all of it can be reduced down to being “true,” just as much as that funhouse mirror reflection is actually yourself.

Lookup Gell-Mann amnesia, then think about how much of our understanding of the world around us that we take as a given is more distorted than a funhouse mirror. But all of it can be reduced down to being “true,” just as much as that funhouse mirror reflection is actually yourself.
That is fascinating.

I don't know why I never made the connection before; every article I read that pertains to my field feels similar to watching some amateur youtuber who only watches big market teams try to analyze the Jazz.

That is fascinating.

I don't know why I never made the connection before; every article I read that pertains to my field feels similar to watching some amateur youtuber who only watches big market teams try to analyze the Jazz.
Kind of related, but if you watch Jeopardy and they have a topic you are fairly familiar with the questions are extremely easy.

Yeah, I mean, if we got one of our guys back after signing with Philly and matching, would we want to hear them praising the team they signed an offer sheet for?

I get being in your feelings, but you also have to be rational
Didn't Haywood say something about liking Charlotte after we matched his offer?

The 76ers will likely still underutilize Reed.

It'd be funny if Bamba finally lives up to his potential and they fight one another for minutes though if I were the coach I would simply start Reed at the 4 - especially after matching and paying him this nice, new contract.

Grown up dudes do not allow others to "provide the narrative".
If anything, Ken Clayton confirms without a doubt that the moron was explicitly referring to Utah as a place.
It's officially PR-mf-moron hate time!!!:cool:

wouldn't it be funny if we traded for him next offseason after olynyk's contract runs out because he is 'underutilized'?