What's new

PC Gamers Unite!

You are not the first person I have heard this from. My son in law is a semi-pro gamer (Starcraft mostly) and he has maybe 6 or 8 gaming rigs. He mentioned he was having some issues with the latest gen Ryzens recently as well.

BTW, he mines ETH and BTC, as he has over a dozen GPUs in operation. He finally stacked 4 in one machine and let it run ETH exclusively. He has accumulated I think it is 4 total full coin from ETH. He gifted me and my wife one for our anniversary this year (29 years) and he promised us a bitcoin next year for our 30th. I will happily take it! I currently have a couple BTC and ETH in my wallet. I mined ETH and BTC both in the earlier days and dropped out due to moving around so much. I am considering getting back into it. Might hit up my SIL to see if he can front me a few GPUs. lol
I wasn't having this issue with the 5600X. Weird. I'm up to date on my BIOS.

You are not the first person I have heard this from. My son in law is a semi-pro gamer (Starcraft mostly) and he has maybe 6 or 8 gaming rigs. He mentioned he was having some issues with the latest gen Ryzens recently as well.

BTW, he mines ETH and BTC, as he has over a dozen GPUs in operation. He finally stacked 4 in one machine and let it run ETH exclusively. He has accumulated I think it is 4 total full coin from ETH. He gifted me and my wife one for our anniversary this year (29 years) and he promised us a bitcoin next year for our 30th. I will happily take it! I currently have a couple BTC and ETH in my wallet. I mined ETH and BTC both in the earlier days and dropped out due to moving around so much. I am considering getting back into it. Might hit up my SIL to see if he can front me a few GPUs. lol
I'm still having some issues. Tomorrow I'm going to do a clean windows install and see where I'm at. It sucks but I want to know if this is a software thing vs a hardware thing. If it is hardware... well I guess my 20+ year run of never having any significant hardware issues in my personal PC will come to an end. I'm betting on software though.

Woke up today with a notification from EVGA. I signed up on their waitlist for several different GPUs starting as early as 9/18/2020, but the one I got a notice for I signed up for on 10/16/2020. It's the FTW3 Ultra RTX 3090. Which is like their tippity top of the line card. $1950.37 with tax and shipping.

I had a little internal debate on what to do with it. They are selling for $3500 all day on ebay. But I've been mining and have been trying to get additional GPUs for a dedicated system for that. I wasn't considering an RTX 3090 because they're too damn expensive.

So what I'm going to do is, I'm going to install it in the family PC that we use for VR. Move the RTX 2070 Super from that PC to my daughter's PC. Take the GTX 1070 from my daughter's PC and also install that in the VR PC.

The RTX 3090 will pay for itself in under 6 months at current Ethereum value.

bump for right to repair

if you don't what that is or why it is important in several different ways (and that it DOESN'T just mean untrained individuals fixing their own stuff) then look it up.

This is an important issue.

Huge
bump for right to repair

if you don't what that is or why it is important in several different ways (and that it DOESN'T just mean untrained individuals fixing their own stuff) then look it up.

This is an important issue.
Huge huge issue that industry will fight tooth and nail. Refurbishment is a tremendous revenue stream for a lot of these companies. Imagine you can get full profit on an item that you can then get back and resell with less expense. Or force people to use you for basic repairs at huge markups. There is a lot of money around this.

Huge

Huge huge issue that industry will fight tooth and nail. Refurbishment is a tremendous revenue stream for a lot of these companies. Imagine you can get full profit on an item that you can then get back and resell with less expense. Or force people to use you for basic repairs at huge markups. There is a lot of money around this.
There is no way for this to go anywhere without consumers standing up for their rights to have the things they bought repaired.

This is a personal property issue. (hi libertarians)

This is a massive environmental issue. (hi liberals)

This is a massive small business issue. (hi republicans)

This is a big common sense issue. (hi centrists)

Let's all make our voices heard and turn this into an issue that politicians can't afford to leave to their big business donors.

This is an issue that affects all of us and we should have the right to repair our property. Please investigate this issue if you are not familiar with it. Please.

In other news I won another Newegg shuffle and will be getting a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision OC on Monday.

I probably deserve a little hate at this point.

But, I will be using all my 30 series Nvidia cards for gaming. My PC has a custom water cooled RTX 3080 Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC with a Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB of 3600MHz CL14 RAM. My kid has an Intel 10850k and will be getting this RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision with 32GB 3600MHz CL16 Ram. Our family VR and Racing Wheel PC has a lowly 3600XT but also an EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming Hybrid RTX 3090 with 16GB 3200 MHz CL16 RAM. I'm looking to upgrade the CPU on that one to a 5800X and maybe do a RAM upgrade.

On that VR PC with the 3090... I haven't looked in over a week but I had the 24th best VR Blue Room score in the world and the world's best Port Royal score with a RTX 3090 and Ryzen 3600XT combo (weird combo so take it for what it's worth). Don't know if it still stands but if anyone wants to challenge me I'm fully prepared to post my valid results.

I got this split keyboard n i love it... Highly recommend for any gamers out there.. actually way better for your wrist, plus there's no chance i slam my mouse into my keyboard ever again..

1619551645582.jpeg

Last edited:
Check the Newegg shuffle for today.

I think Newegg set a bot trap.

I think this is going to be a funny thing.

Here's just a small sample (screenshot) of the items available today.
xzSEXJM.png

The shuffle is usually just graphics cards that are unavailable. Prices of items in the shuffle rarely go below $500 and are usually in the $900-$2500 range.

It is really hard for me to express how ****ing funny this is going to be. Newegg is full on pranking bots and scalpers. 5-25 gonna go down in PC gamer history.

Why can I not get over my ARK addiction?
I need something else that is as fulfilling a survival game as ARK.
Any suggestions?

Picked this guy up during an EVGA Elite Member exclusive launch today

12G-P5-3969-KR_XL_1.png

Man, I used to game a lot too but work and all got in the way. The usual adult stuff but when I do play, I play games like Resident evil, Monster hunter, JRPG and some FPS.