What's new

Perfect Albums

Also, two of the most under-appreciated albums of all time were put out by Talk Talk. Yes, that band. Their last two albums are titled SPIRIT OF EDEN and LAUGHING STOCK. They are ****ing amazing. Considered the first post-rock albums. So many layers... you can listen to them for years and hear new things all the time.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];861991 said:
I'd say that's probably my favorite category of rock.

What other bands are you into?

Action? Faust? Neu!?

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];861998 said:
Also, two of the most under-appreciated albums of all time were put out by Talk Talk. Yes, that band. Their last two albums are titled SPIRIT OF EDEN and LAUGHING STOCK. They are ****ing amazing. Considered the first post-rock albums. So many layers... you can listen to them for years and hear new things all the time.

Spirit of Eden is so absolutely ****ing good. I learned about this album from a friend who usually has pretty poor taste. That album makes me happy.

What other bands are you into?

Action? Faust? Neu!?

Spirit of Eden is so absolutely ****ing good. I learned about this album from a friend who usually has pretty poor taste. That album makes me happy.

It's great that you've heard that Talk Talk album. When I first heard it, I was stoned, and decided to burn a bunch of copies and go out on the streets to hand them out. It was all in absolute celebration of what I'd heard. People thought I was crazy, but they smiled and took the CD.

I like all those bands you mentioned. I know they aren't krautrock (they're Euro prog rock), but I've been listening to Babe Ruth recently. Pretty great.

EDIT: I shortened Krautrock and it was edited by teh profanity filter. WTF

OutKast - ATLiens (not sure if yet mentioned).
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Takuya Kuroda - Rising Son
Lauryn Hill - Miseducation of LH
Steely Dan - Aja

definitely loads more out there IMO. I don't really have that high of a standard for 'perfect' tho.

Good to know.

I'm gonna go re-read the thread about perfect outfits. Should be entertaining.

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Weezer - Blue Album
Ring a Ding Ding - Sinatra
Hello Hurricane - Switchfoot

Last edited:
How........ Mormon!

(No offense)

(No offense for having to say no offense)

Mormons do have insanely good taste. It's a West Coast thing too. If I just listed the groups I liked, 80% of them are from the the Los Angeles area. Well, 3 out 4 of those already mentioned are too I guess.

Best thing that ever happened to my ears was getting my CD case that was full of rap Cds stolen. I don't like any of it anymore outside of Run DMC.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];862016 said:
It's great that you've heard that Talk Talk album. When I first heard it, I was stoned, and decided to burn a bunch of copies and go out on the streets to hand them out. It was all in absolute celebration of what I'd heard. People thought I was crazy, but they smiled and took the CD.

That's pretty funny stuff. It is an incredible album.

I don't do favorites usually but Debris - Static Disposal essentially blew my mind away when I first heard it. It was almost like a musical head injury where no other music could live up to the greatness that is that album.

Something about the late 1970's in this country. Some incredibly ****ing music was being put out. Devo, Pere Ubu, Debris, Rockets From The Tomb, etc.

Here ya go

Tesla- Tesla
AC/DC- Back in Black
ZZ Top- La Futura
Van Halen- Best of both Worlds
Michael Jackson- Thriller
Blink 182- ***** of the State
50 cent- Get rich or Die Tryin
Jay Sean- All or Nothin
Backstreet Boys- Backstreet Boys
Mariah Carey- Daydream (listen to this and you'll instantly be transported to mid 90s, back when Detlef Shrimpf was knocking down 3s all over the place!)

And honestly, one of the most iconic albums of the 90s: Boyz II Men- II

I can't believe no one here has mentioned Boyz II Men. Probably top 3 groups of all time for me. Such a unique sound that triggered the whole boy band surge of the 90s. II is pretty amazing but their Legacy has every song worth listening in this history of mankind.

Edit: just saw post 155. Someone did mention boys 2 men.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];862886 said:
Good to know.

I'm gonna go re-read the thread about perfect outfits. Should be entertaining.

Never made a thread about "perfect outfits".

Try again.

FWIW I've listened to a couple of the krautrock albums mentioned. I've never been a particular fan. A good friend of mine is a massive Talk Talk fan.

Robert Glasper Experiment - Black Radio
OutKaat - not just ATLiens-- throw their 3rd and 4th albums in there
ATCQ - Low End Theory
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Common - LWFC
Fugees - The Score

Don't know if I already mentioned it but NOFX, I Heard They Suck Live is a perfect album

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];861998 said:

This! Talk Talk is one of my favorites. Like top 5. Haven't gone through the thread but would add
Pink Floyd: DSOTM, The Wall, Wish You Were Here.
The Stone Roses: stone roses
Beck: Sea Change
Neil Young: Harvest Moon
Moby: Play
Alice in Chains: Jar of Flies
Radio head: ok computer, kid A
Miles Davis: kind of blue
Band: music from big pink
Velvet underground: the vu
Red Hot Chillis: BSSM
beastie boys: Paul's boutique
dr. Dre: the chronic
Fugees: the score
Bob Marley: catch a fire, uprising
Sublime: 40 oz freedom
Nirvana: nirvana

If you are young and just getting into music - buy all of these.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Last edited:
Two albums I would add: Drive-By Truckers' "The Dirty South" and Jason Isbell's "Southeastern". If you like "Americana" or country tinged rock, check these out, if you haven't already.