Pick a center...

Pick a center, any center...

• Felton Spencer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Poquettte

• Rich Kelley

• Some other Jazz Center (tell us who and why)

• I would rather have no center than any Jazz center...

• Total voters
Do we get them in the shape they played for the Jazz or can we get them in their prime, because if we can get them in their prime, Chocolate Thunder would certainly not suck. . .

That's what I call wet farts.

Depends on the rules. Under current rules, Eaton would really struggle.

Al is the best talent, but doesn't pair well with Favors defensively. So I'd probably go with Gobert, but quite frankly, we don't exactly have very good options here.

Al is the best talent, but doesn't pair well with Favors defensively. So I'd probably go with Gobert, but quite frankly, we don't exactly have very good options here.

Eaton would have benefited from current rules. He'd be a juggernaut and 10 time all star today. Easily.

Eaton in the 90s and before. Memo in the late 90s early 00s. Rudy now.

Eaton would not be nearly as good in todays NBA. He is not athletic enough and half his blocks would be fouls in todays game. Rudy on the other hand is very athletic for his size and could potential be the ideal defensive center in todays NBA. Long, athletic, with great endurance and timing.

Eaton in the 90s and before. Memo in the late 90s early 00s. Rudy now.

Eaton would not be nearly as good in todays NBA. He is not athletic enough and half his blocks would be fouls in todays game. Rudy on the other hand is very athletic for his size and could potential be the ideal defensive center in todays NBA. Long, athletic, with great endurance and timing.

With a fantastic motor.

I voted for Gobert but Eaton was right there as well.

Reason Gobert got the nod is that he is growing with this team and I like that.

I like Gobert and think he could one day be the best Jazz center if he sticks around. Eaton changed games on the defensive end. I think most of the votes must be coming from younger guys that never saw Eaton, Or people basing it on potential and not on actual games. Eaton did what Gobert is doing now for years not weeks.

I don't think Eaton would struggle. He played defense with his body and by using his height and length to block shots (Like Gobert is now). But with the lack of offensive minded big men I think Eaton could be even more dominant in today's game. Just not sure how he'd do against the pick and roll. That would be the one area he may struggle a bit. But Eaton was pretty good about getting into the correct position and using his height to block shots. It's all conjecture but to me Gobert must do this for more than a few weeks to show he should even be mentioned with Eaton.

Posted this in another thread, but it's worth posting many times over.

-
Jazzfanz used to dream of Favors becoming the next Dwight Howard, but instead we got the guy Dwight sees in his nightmares. AND we still have a terrific two-way player in Favors next to him. Add two more nicknames to Rudy's list: The Wall and The Shadow.

Add one more: THE GOB STOPPER! It would likely come with a future endorsement deal with the Willy Wonka Candy companies. Picture this!

Attachments

• Gobert.jpg
    Gobert.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
I am a firm believer that if Eaton had peaked at a different time in life, say in the mid 90's, the Jazz would have a couple banners in their arena. similarly, if Gobert or even Okur had been on those 90's teams constructed otherwise the same, we would be regarded in a similar way as the pistons. People would be talking about Sloan as one of those guys that wins championships like Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Red, etc. We were so close. Probably one of the top 5 teams to not win a championship.

I am a firm believer that if Eaton had peaked at a different time in life, say in the mid 90's, the Jazz would have a couple banners in their arena. similarly, if Gobert or even Okur had been on those 90's teams constructed otherwise the same, we would be regarded in a similar way as the pistons. People would be talking about Sloan as one of those guys that wins championships like Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Red, etc. We were so close. Probably one of the top 5 teams to not win a championship.

I would say those 2 Stockton/Malone teams were the best teams ever not to win a championship. And I am completely unbiased so you can take that to the bank.

Also, if you put Okur on those teams then we would have several championships. With a weapon like Okur next to Malone Stock would have averaged 15-18 assists and there would have been absolutely no way to double Malone inside. It would have been chaos for the defending team.

I think Eaton would be too slow for today's NBA, and I don't think he could defend out on the perimeter on switches or the pick-and-roll. I went with Rudy. Rudy is also becoming a pretty good passer.

lol. 18 votes for Gobert who started 5 games in his career and just 1 vote for AL who was atleast Top 15 Player in the NBA last year... (All 3rd NBA TEAM or better AL 3rd NBA TEAM in this case)

Gobert is the worst player on this list right know and getting the most votes...

lol. 18 votes for Gobert who started 5 games in his career and just 1 vote for AL who was atleast Top 15 Player in the NBA last year... (All 3rd NBA TEAM or better AL 3rd NBA TEAM in this case)

Gobert is the worst player on this list right know and getting the most votes...
ca902fc7ff171e27a9ec39a158e0da8f.jpg

All AL

Okur would've been a mast weapon in the 96-97, 97-98 finals.

You mean when illegal defense rules made it so you had to play man-to-man and the Jazz could just drag the opposing center out of the paint even if Ostertag couldn't shoot for ****? And Okur is one of the worst defensive bigs to ever wear a Jazz uniform?