What's new

Pick a Side: Rudy or Don

Which Player Do You Side With?

• Rudy

• Donovan

• Sick of Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would go with Gobert over Donovan for a lot of the reasons already mentioned, but also because I prefer a great defensive team over offensive team. I'm not going to speculate over personal stuff though, and I actually think both guys are doing a lot of great things. We are definitely better with both of them.

I don't agree that we can easily replace what Donovan is giving us. Finding a high level scorer who can break down great defenses is what every mediocre team is looking for. I think we can become a more balanced team and hopefully with a better locker room we could still be competitive with the pieces we might get from trading Donovan. I would be OK with that, but understand those that would prefer to jump start the rebuild.

It's been like a campaign of lies to tarnish his image. I still don't understand the point of it. We all lose.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Who is lying about Donovan? We’re mostly fed up with his terrible play in the clutch and blatantly freezing out Gobert. Has nothing to do with his image at all it’s his play on the court.

Trae is a better fit for Rudy but he literally makes us worse on defense which we can’t really afford to do it is already bad enough outside of Gobert.
Rudy would be a lot more motivated to clean up his mess with all the touches he’d get on the other end.

Trae is a better fit for Rudy but he literally makes us worse on defense which we can’t really afford to do it is already bad enough outside of Gobert.
I am not sure about that. Mitchell is also a liability and Trae would be the the shortest guy on the roster and since he can handle full playmaking duties, you can put a 3nD player with some skills besides him and that would probably make us better.

Theoretically, though. FO would need to go out and find some talent to put at 2.

Tom Haberstroh had an interesting stat during an interview with Spence Checketts today...during the 1-6 stretch over the last 7 games, The Jazz's net rating with Rudy and Donovan on the court together is -13.5 per 100 possessions. With Rudy on and Donovan off, the net rating is +17.6.

Tom Haberstroh had an interesting stat during an interview with Spence Checketts today...during the 1-6 stretch over the last 7 games, The Jazz's net rating with Rudy and Donovan on the court together is -13.5 per 100 possessions. With Rudy on and Donovan off, the net rating is +17.6.
To be fair to Don, this is with a lot of being Whiteside out, so he's having to play with trash small ball centers and Greg Monroe.

Got to have context on that one.

To be fair to Don, this is with a lot of being Whiteside out, so he's having to play with trash small ball centers and Greg Monroe.

Got to have context on that one.
It doesn't say what Don's net rating is without Rudy, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Says a lot that the rating is +30 with Rudy and no Don compared to Rudy/Don together.

If picking Rudy over Donovan were a Jazz game, Donovan over Rudy would start to comeback 12 minutes before the thread closed and then win.