What's new

Pick Up CJ's Option Already

- He is one of the few long-distance threats on the roster and when motivated one of the few that can drive and create his own shot

When has CJ ever been good at creating his own shot. Maybe your definition of "creating his own shot" is backing further away from the 3-point line so that no one can block you.

No. You cannot trade his option. You'd have to wait until he is picked up and then you might even have to wait until August or some hold period to actually trade him.

yeah you can. picking up his option isn't the same as signing him. the jazz can trade him today to a team that can then decide whether to pay him the 3.7 or waive him... or the jazz could pick up his option and then trade him right away. there is no restriction on trading him based on the team option.

I think CJ Miles was used poorly last year by the coaching staff. I think they wanted him to play the "Kyle Korver" role on the Jazz. I think he played the best when he went to the basket and got a few easy basket before he started chucking behind three. When he started, he took off, but then fizzled quickly. I agree at his price tag, the Jazz will resign him, but this will be a pivotal year for CJ. If he plays well, he could get a good contract. If not, he could be hanging on to stay in the league. Very few teams would have given CJ as many shots as last year with that poor of efficiency.

No. You cannot trade his option. You'd have to wait until he is picked up and then you might even have to wait until August or some hold period to actually trade him.

Didn't Portland just trade Andre Miller without picking up his team option? Maybe I'm wrong...