What's new

Picks 23 and 35.......who do you like?

jazzrule

This is from Draft Express. We attempted to identify prospects worth targeting on our latest podcast episode. Guys like Elfrid Payton, Kyle Anderson and Jordan Adamsare rated as potential steals by statistical draft models such as Layne Vashro's EWP model and Daniel Myers' Advanced Statistical Plus-Minus ratings. In fact, Payton pops up among a very impressive list of point guard in the historical EWP rankings. Is it better to keep multiple lower picks and hope that one of them sticks? Even players like Jarnell Stokes and Spencer Dinwiddie look like value selections in the making, so there are plenty of possibilities to consider.

Just for fun, here's where some of our favorite underrated prospects are projected to land in the
NBA Mock Draft scenario at DraftExpress: Kyle Anderson (No. 23), Jordan Adams (26), Elfrid Payton (27), Mitch McGary (30), Jarnell Stokes (31), Bogdan Bogdanovic (34), Vasilije Micic (36) and Spencer Dwinwiddie (38).

If the Jazz do use the 23 and 35 picks, which players do you like? Or which player should we package the 2 picks for to move up?

I really think TJ Warren is going to be a great player in this league. He is just a flat out scorer and has legit size. I think he eventually fixes his 3 point shooting, but the way he cuts without the ball is amazing. I would package to move up to get him if we could or hope he falls to us at 23. At 35 I am hoping Jordan Clarkson the 6'4" PG from Missouri slips to us. We need size at the PG.

I really think TJ Warren is going to be a great player in this league. He is just a flat out scorer and has legit size. I think he eventually fixes his 3 point shooting, but the way he cuts without the ball is amazing. I would package to move up to get him if we could or hope he falls to us at 23. At 35 I am hoping Jordan Clarkson the 6'4" PG from Missouri slips to us. We need size at the PG.

I'd like both of these guys too. Cleanthony Early and Payton as well. Have some interest in Isaiah Austin as a stretch 4 at 35.

Warren at 23 would be an absolute steal. The guy can flat out play. If the Jazz don't have to give up to much to go up and get him I hope they do.

I like all the players mentioned. That is why I cringe when DL is saying they want to dump 23 and 35. I think there is a good chance that there will be a steal of the draft at the bottom of the first. Jazz bench sucked last year they need to upgrade it. I would love it if the Jazz got TJ Warren, Payton, Inglis, Adams, Anderson etc with either of those picks.

I like all the players mentioned. That is why I cringe when DL is saying they want to dump 23 and 35. I think there is a good chance that there will be a steal of the draft at the bottom of the first. Jazz bench sucked last year they need to upgrade it. I would love it if the Jazz got TJ Warren, Payton, Inglis, Adams, Anderson etc with either of those picks.

If the Jazz don't take a point with the higher pick, then Payton.

zl1.jpg

latvian.jpg

tavares-da.jpg

hi-res-464064343-hairston-of-the-texas-legends-brings-the-ball-up-court_crop_north.jpg

capela.jpg

1388070568.jpg

Spencer+Dinwiddie+Arizona+State+Sun+Devils+7XIKYI8j8j7l.jpg

1399477160.jpg

I never give two ****s about late picks, but if we pass on another freak athlete like Isaiah Thomas again for some scrubby white boy then I'm going to be outraged for like a day and a half.

Any Isaiah Thomas's this go round?

I never give two ****s about late picks, but if we pass on another freak athlete like Isaiah Thomas again for some scrubby white boy then I'm going to be outraged for like a day and a half.

Any Isaiah Thomas's this go round?

the closest player in this draft is probably Jahii Carson who jumped 3½" higher at the combine and is about an inch taller, he's also got the ball on a string.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuLxtb5pWAk