What's new

"Plan C" offseason acquisition

Brandon Bass isn't happy in Orlando. If we let Boozer walk, draft a wing or a C, and don't sign a replacement 4 than Bass should be our guy. That dude can play. No question about it.

I've always liked Bass, but I don't see him being any better than Millsap. They are pretty similar when you think about it...

...question? How did you get your avatar to animate in the signature area???

Put
around the URL.

Brandon Bass isn't happy in Orlando. If we let Boozer walk, draft a wing or a C, and don't sign a replacement 4 than Bass should be our guy. That dude can play. No question about it.

I like Bass but doesn't fit next to Boozer or Millsap.

Boozer for JJ Redick and Brandon Bass.

Dwill/Price
Redick/Mathews....or other way around.
Ak/CJ
Millsap/Bass
Okur/draft pick/Fess

I think thats a very good team.

Boozer for JJ Redick and Brandon Bass.

Dwill/Price
Redick/Mathews....or other way around.
Ak/CJ
Millsap/Bass
Okur/draft pick/Fess

I think thats a very good team.

Both teams will likely be over the cap. 125% is enforced. Even at a modest 12 for Boozer, Bass makes 4, so you'd have to pay Reddick 5 million to start. Yeah, I don't want to do that. And Orlando wouldn't touch a Boozer S&T either. At 12 million, Orlando would have 4 players add up to over 66 million. Over the cap with only FOUR players. Add Gortat and they're over the luxury tax with 5 players. Nelson is under contract for another 7 million. They would be near 20 million dollars over the luxury when all is said and done. We'd have to take back Carter at bare minimum for them to think about a Boozer deal.