What's new

Players we could realistically obtain

Fishsticks

Banned
I believe the consensus here is that we need a very capable wing player. Who would be the player the Jazz should chase? Here is my short list

1) AI2- Great all around player, but does lack a consistent outside shot. Does his ability to create for himself and other make us better?

2) Oj Mayo- Great shooter and finisher could be better defensively

3) James Harden- He has been very good coming off the bench for OKC. Can shoot, defend and rebound. Lacks size

3) Nick Young- Great all around offensively, but need to work on his defense

4) Demar Derozan- See Nick Young

5) Kevin Martin- One of the best offensive guards in the league. Fragile

I think all these players could open up the floor for the Jazz which seems to be our biggest challenge be it with shooting or driving and dishing (AI2). Dont know how we get them, too lazy to do that. Point of this thread is who is on your wish list?

Ronnie Brewer. Its simple the Jazz have always had sucess bringing players back into the system after they left and/or got injured. Look at the success stories like Thurl Bailey, David Benoit, Raja Bell, Greg Ostertag....

I think Millsap and Haward for Granger Mcroberts Gives us a back up to Big Al and A #1 or 2 scoring option in Granger. Maybe go big Dwill Granger AK Jefferson Memo and or trade AK for Murphy so Dwill Bell Granger Jefferson Murphy. Anyways we need Granger. Millsap/ Jefferson arnt working!

I think Millsap and Haward for Granger Mcroberts Gives us a back up to Big Al and A #1 or 2 scoring option in Granger. Maybe go big Dwill Granger AK Jefferson Memo and or trade AK for Murphy so Dwill Bell Granger Jefferson Murphy. Anyways we need Granger. Millsap/ Jefferson arnt working!

How is that in any way realistic? We're not getting two good players for Millsap, let alone a good player and an all-star from a team that has no interest in trading them. Never mind that the salaries don't match up. Needing Granger and having a realistic chance of convincing Indiana to give up their franchise player for a sixth-man-type are two different things.

Nick Young is the only untouchable on the Wizards besides Wall. The Raptors aren't making Derozan available unless they're getting back a likewise good player on a rookie contract back (something the Jazz don't have and if they did, they shouldn't ever let go). OJ Mayo has always been a chucker, but this year he has been downright awful. Why would OKC let Harden go (to a division rival, no less)?

Any wing player the Jazz could possibly acquire also comes with significant downside and risk (Martin is absolutely elite as a scorer but is a horrid defender and has injury problems [besides that the Jazz probably can't get him], Jackson has some psychological ?s and clearly on the down-slope of his career on a bad contract, AI2 can't shoot [we've seen how that can be an issue], and Deng just doesn't live up to his contract).

I like AI2, I think. He can impact the game in a lot of ways and unlike AK plays with urgency even though his role has been somewhat diminished and he's paid. While I'm happy Brewer's not here, we do miss his ability to slash and pass. AI2 might flourish here, insofar as a wing that can't shoot can.

At the end of the day, I don't know. I love Kevin Martin but I just don't see it happening.

I believe the consensus here is that we need a very capable wing player. Who would be the player the Jazz should chase? Here is my short list

1) AI2- Great all around player, but does lack a consistent outside shot. Does his ability to create for himself and other make us better?

3) James Harden- He has been very good coming off the bench for OKC. Can shoot, defend and rebound. Lacks size

I think all these players could open up the floor for the Jazz which seems to be our biggest challenge be it with shooting or driving and dishing (AI2). Dont know how we get them, too lazy to do that. Point of this thread is who is on your wish list?

The players mentioned above are not realistic ether because of two much mony or we would have to give up two much to get them. I've already posted it but we can realistically get Marcus Thornton. He only plays 15 minutes a game, natural scorer and slasher he and Deron would be a good combo only 6ft4 but he can play.

1) AI2 - I guess it's possible, but I doubt we could put together a good enough package
2) OJ - Possible since he's been worse this year and is having internal issues with the team. That and it's the Grizzlies who are retarded beyond belief
3) Harden - No chance OKC is sending him our way
4) Young - No chance
5) Derozan - Too hard to match rookie salaries and I'm sure they won't want to move him
6) Martin - Probably the most likely on the list, but I still doubt it

1. AI2- would be a great addition, don't see how we could get him unless they are looking to unload salary, in which case we could Trade AK
2. Mayo- Wouldn't mind it for the right price
3. Young- No, just another CJ miles that shoots more
4. Derozan- Toronto is really high on him. He isn't getting traded/
5. Martin- Wanted him last year, dunno what his contract is like though

How is that in any way realistic? We're not getting two good players for Millsap, let alone a good player and an all-star from a team that has no interest in trading them. Never mind that the salaries don't match up. Needing Granger and having a realistic chance of convincing Indiana to give up their franchise player for a sixth-man-type are two different things.

Haywards a grown boy. And How is Millsap going to be a 6th man. Seriously giving up a 28 year old Granger for a 25 year old Millsap who fits there need. Since they have George or even Hayward to set up and make a difference at the 3. What wins Championships the PG/PF/C spots. Collision, Millsap, Hibbert Solid core to build on for the future. While only giving up Mcroberts who hasnt played and lost his spot to Hanboro and Foster. its a win win for both teams. Plus the payroll relief Indy would get from taking back Millsap. And Granger is just what the Jazz need. Millsap/Jefferson isnt working!!

So who are the players we could realistically obtain?

You could actually contribute your thoughts rather than being an ***. There are players that are realistic. Our assests include in no partcular order:

1) AK's expiring deal
2) Paul Milsap a top 20 PF, cheap
3) CJ- Really just filler, but could be seen as a young talent

Paul IMO has tremendous value and could land us a 3rd option wing. AK's expiring and say Tomic could land as an AI2. The Granger scenario seems like it could work. By the time Indiana was to get any better he would be on the downside. Paul fills a need for Indiana. Paul fills a need for Charlotte. Seems that perhaps a package for Granger or SJAX could be most likely scenarios. Either one would be great for our team.

Haywards a grown boy. And How is Millsap going to be a 6th man. Seriously giving up a 28 year old Granger for a 25 year old Millsap who fits there need. Since they have George or even Hayward to set up and make a difference at the 3. What wins Championships the PG/PF/C spots. Collision, Millsap, Hibbert Solid core to build on for the future. While only giving up Mcroberts who hasnt played and lost his spot to Hanboro and Foster. its a win win for both teams. Plus the payroll relief Indy would get from taking back Millsap. And Granger is just what the Jazz need. Millsap/Jefferson isnt working!!

A) What?
B) I said he was a sixth-man TYPE.
C) In trading Granger for Millsap, Indiana wouldn't be addressing their need for a power forward, they would be trading that need for another.
D) Paul George is envisioned as a two guard, and he's not even ready to take over for Brandon Rush, let alone Danny Granger.
E) Likewise, Hawyard is no Danny Granger.
F) Championships are not won strictly with players at any particular position. They're won by teams. But I could remind you about players like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant who have won a lot of championships with teams extremely weak at more than one of the PG/PF/C positions.
G) Solid core, but not as solid as Collison, Granger, and Hibbert.
H) Indiana values McRoberts. When he was the starting power forward, they were winning a lot more games than they are now. He didn't lose his spot so much as he was mystifyingly and suddenly replaced in the lineup when he was playing well, for no reason, as Jim O'Brien, the worst coach in the league, experiments with his big ideas about small ball, instead of (apparently) trying to win basketball games. McRoberts right now is at least as good as Gordon Hayward.
I) It is not a win for both teams. It would be a major blow to Indiana. If you think otherwise you are severely overrating Millsap.
J) Payroll relief.... Indiana doesn't need payroll relief. They have something like 30 million dollars coming off the books at the end of the season.
K) I agree with you in that I would love to have Danny Granger on the Jazz. Not only do I think he would be a great fit, I think he would blossom like a mother****er on a team with a system and a great coach like we have here.
L) I sort of agree with you.
M) But be realistic. Your trade rapes Indiana and there is no reason why they would do it.
N) Do you know that in games when Psycho-T averages more than 24 minutes a game he averages something ridiculous like 22 and 11? Hold on a second, I'll look it up...

20 and 9. Still pretty good. My point is that Indiana may not be so desperate for a power forward as you think. What Indiana needs, more than anything, is a coach with an offense.

I think if they could trade Jim O'Brien for Jerry Sloan, or Danny Granger for Deron Williams -- those are trades they would make.