What's new

Players who were waived...the homeytennis thread

Jack Strop

Since we can't stop homey from plastering this forum with notifications on useless players the Jazz have no possible interest in, can we at least contain it to one thread instead of a ton of separate ones?

BKN - Mitch Creek, he of Australian fame and a former Jazz camper
GS - Tyler Ulis
Mil - Shabazz Muhammad
ATL - Isaac Humphries - he's Australian and is 7'0". Perfect homey guy.
ATL - Cole Aldrich - drafted immediately after Hayward and George.

New York - Noah

Let's bring him in!

Pelicans cut Jarrett Jack. Hawks cut Thomas Robinson and guards R.J. Hunter and C.J. Anderson.

I expect someone to sign Jack - he's still a good bench guy who can contribute.

Since we can't stop homey from plastering this forum with notifications on useless players the Jazz have no possible interest in, can we at least contain it to one thread instead of a ton of separate ones?
stop the homey hate. ****ing so much more worthy stuff around here to complain about. TIA

Tyler Zeller was waived by Milwaukee - a bit of a surprise but I see his salary was non-guaranteed this year.

To tie this to the Jazz...

They signed Stephaun Branch. Then they waived him, Jarius Lyles, Isaac Haas and Isaiah Cousins.

Most, possibly all, are expected to be on the Stars.

Roster stands at 17

Golden State waived Deyonta Davis. He's shown he can score and rebound and he's still only 21. Someone will sign him. Hoping he doesn't play G-League for Golden State.

Golden State waived Deyonta Davis. He's shown he can score and rebound and he's still only 21. Someone will sign him. Hoping he doesn't play G-League for Golden State.
I think he’s got a wrap for being a major headcase.

I think he’s got a wrap for being a major headcase.

I did some research and a few people claimed his draft interviews weren't great; some people claimed he fell due to being raw and not having a mid-range game. I didn't read anything worse than that, personality-wise, aside from him being called "lackadaisical" in Memphis.

I know we don't have space for him but I believe he's a good backup center.

To tie this to the Jazz...

They signed Stephaun Branch. Then they waived him, Jarius Lyles, Isaac Haas and Isaiah Cousins.

Most, possibly all, are expected to be on the Stars.

Roster stands at 17
Will Haas even be healthy enough to play this year?

They’re gonna be better than most around here at JFC think.
I agree. They'll be fighting for one of the last playoff spots. Injuries could knock a few teams out or down, just like last season.

Golden State - tier above the rest
Houston - I think they'll miss their defensive players
Utah - could challenge for 2nd seed (homer glasses)
New Orleans, OKC - is NO as good as their finish last season? Roberson's injury will hurt NO early on.
Portland - third in the WC last year. I just don't like them as much as the others I put above them.
Denver - barely missed last year. The talent is there to make it this season.
SA - this is the year the decline begins, IMO
Lakers - should compete for the playoffs. Media would love them to finish 8th for a LBJ vs. GS series.
Minn - grabbing the popcorn for the continuing Butler saga. I predict a team fight at some point.
LA Clippers - .500 team
Memphis - need to trade Gasol and Conley and start a rebuild
Dallas, Sacramento, Phoenix - who cares? Well, I guess I hope Kokoskov does well in Phoenix.

Barring significant injuries to other teams, I see SA, Lakers and Minny fighting it out for the 8th seed.