What's new

Playoff experience

Tonight was a disaster, but I can't help thinking it wasn't for nothing. The referring was awful, I agree, but I don't think that can be pointed to as the root issue. The guys simply lost focus; they were thinking about Houston halfway through the third quarter, just like Matt and Boler were.

You can't do that in the playoffs against superstar players, or you're gonna get burned. I think the guys (Rudy and Donovan, in particular) are going to remember the burn from tonight, and hopefully will stay locked in in the future.

I think this is an excellent specific example of what is meant by having playoff experience. Regardless of what happens in the series moving forward, I think tonight will ultimately be a positive formative moment for them.

If you look at our core starters and first off the bench and look at their NBA Playoff experience..Realistically not much is expected of our team from non Jazz fans. But it is true that it is a learning experience..

Crowder - New to the team but probably the most playoff experience..

Limited: (basically last year although favors had 4 games in 11-12)
Ingles -
Favors

This could be considered their first series:
Rudy - injured in playoffs last year so I'm not going to count that.. So this is really is first proper playoff series. He has made some mistakes in game 5 which perhaps have proved costly..but hopefully he grows and learns. It is better to learn these lessons early.
Rubio -
Mitchell,
O'neale,

This could be that. I hope it is, and I hope that means the Jazz finish this at home now.

But make no mistake, these are exclusively silver linings to an embarrassing loss.

Utah basically had a 6 man rotation and ran out of steam in the 3rd. Not sure why Coach Q tightened the reigns so much. Shots especially the 3s were flat and had no legs under them. Not saying he is the savior, but Alec Burks is the only player besides DM who can consistently create his own shot, when the team was coughing up a 25 point lead, they should have given Alec a shot to create. Even Neto’s energy could have provided a spark off the bench. Not sure why Q let it just implode

Tonight was a disaster, but I can't help thinking it wasn't for nothing. The referring was awful, I agree, but I don't think that can be pointed to as the root issue. The guys simply lost focus; they were thinking about Houston halfway through the third quarter, just like Matt and Boler were.

You can't do that in the playoffs against superstar players, or you're gonna get burned. I think the guys (Rudy and Donovan, in particular) are going to remember the burn from tonight, and hopefully will stay locked in in the future.

I think this is an excellent specific example of what is meant by having playoff experience. Regardless of what happens in the series moving forward, I think tonight will ultimately be a positive formative moment for them.

Well let's see if they get back up.

To trot out the old bromide "tough times don't last, tough people do. " Game 5 loss was tough. No getting around it. We had them down, and let them back up. That said, as many have pointed out, this is a young, inexperienced Jazz team.

They can learn from this, and build for the future. I would have preferred learning from closing OKC out in 5, but they can still build on this. In our wettest of dreams, the Jazz go all the way this year. Realistically, that is not going to happen. So everything that happens this post season is just building material for our future dynasty.

Go Jazz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app