What's new

Playoff prediction contest

So Clippers win the first round matchup against the Jazz. Then the Spurs are disqualified because it is found out they're all smoking weed. The Jazz are given their spot, and they proceed to take advantage of this unprecedented opportunity to win the championship.

Many dispute the legitimacy of this championship since the Jazz were eliminated in the first round. But with time, the details are all forgotten, and all people remember is the ring.

I'll take it.

Exactly. It's the only realistic assumption. San Antonio gets in trouble after it's discovered that their recent D-League pickup, Dim Tuncan is an impostor! They vacate their wins, Jazz advance, and ultimately win the title.

Last edited:
I love all the homer picks. That's the only way to be RE: Playoffs.

{size/HUGE} JAZZ {/size}

GSW - UTA - OKC - SAS
UTA - SAS
UTA

UTA

CLE
WAS - CLE
BOS - WAS - TOR - CLE

Yours is the closest to mine so I am using your layout:

GSW - UTAH JAZZ! - Rockettes- Griz
UTAH JAZZ! - Rockettes
UTAH JAZZ!

UTAH JAZZ!

TOR
BOS - TOR
BOS - WAS - TOR - CLE

Last edited:
Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, Celtics, Cavs, Raptors, Hawks

Warriors, Spurs, Celtics, Cavs

Warriors, Celtics

Warriors

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Warriors/Jazz, Spurs/Thunder, Cavs/Raptors, Celtics/Wizards

Warriors/Spurs, Celtics/Cavs

Warriors/Celics

Warriors

I wonder if the Bucks can replicate that performance.
I'm also wondering whether Lowry can replicate his.

And this might be overly harsh based on one game... But is Mike Conley the most over payed player in the league? (I know he is a top 20 player according to RPM, but isn't he like the top paid guy. I know it's to do with the CBA and the spike in the salary cap - but 30 mill/year. Is he that much better than Hill??? Wait, I am making Hill's FA pitch for him!!!)

Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, Boston, Cavs, Bucks, Wizards

Warriors, Spurs, Boston, Cavs

Warriors, Boston

Warriors.

I would prefer to see any team from the east win it over the Warriors. I liked their underdog-ish story the past few years, organic growth and all that, then they went and got KD, who is ring-chasing and coat-tailing and I don't think he or they deserve anything for it. This super-team trend needs to be curtailed somehow. It messes up the game. Might as well just let the teams bid on all-stars and whoever gets the highest bid gets the all-stars then those 4 teams play in the "playoffs". It would be total ******** but at least it would be up front about it, better than the ******** it is now. Would it be going too far to hope they all get career-ending injuries in their next game?

I would prefer to see any team from the east win it over the Warriors. I liked their underdog-ish story the past few years, organic growth and all that, then they went and got KD, who is ring-chasing and coat-tailing and I don't think he or they deserve anything for it. This super-team trend needs to be curtailed somehow. It messes up the game. Might as well just let the teams bid on all-stars and whoever gets the highest bid gets the all-stars then those 4 teams play in the "playoffs". It would be total ******** but at least it would be up front about it, better than the ******** it is now. Would it be going too far to hope they all get career-ending injuries in their next game?

Nah. Let GSW's legend grow. It will be that much sweeter when we beat them in a season or two.

Exactly. It's the only realistic assumption. San Antonio gets in trouble after it's discovered that their recent D-League pickup, Dim Tuncan is an impostor! They vacate their wins, Jazz advance, and ultimately win the title.

che-pasta.jpg